Glock Talk banner

glock problems

1K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  Grafuki 
#1 ·
Whats goin on.I have been seeing alot of people having problems with the glocks they own.I hope I made a good decision in buying a g17 sheesh.I know alot of people have had no problems but they seem to be arising alot lately.
It's kinda like the ole faithful is starting to have problems or maybe they are user related I don't know

#4 ·
The venerable "17" is one of the finest combat pistols made, reliable and tough....be happy, don't worry, and go out and shoot that bad boy....

You bought a wonderfully simple and time-tested firearm.

The only one better is the G-19....

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo out :cool:

#5 ·
I don't post about problems with my Glocks because *ahem* I don't have any. Even my pawn-shop G36 is running like a top after fixing one thing that the previous owner had done (slide release inserted backwards.) Oh, and a piece of plastic on a magazine that was peeling off is in Smyrna waiting to be repaired or replaced.

#6 ·
ok I figured it must be from some kind of mod to the firearm.My old boos was a leo and I asked him last week before he quit what did he think I should do.He said get a g17 or g19 so I did.I can't wait til tomorrow so I can go get it and post some pics for you guys.

Now here is my problem,my local shop has a horrible selection of jhp's but I need to get something in case I need it plus I want to go to the range next week if money allows.Out of the following what would you get.
Speer gold dots
winchester silver tips
federal hydrashocks
Please tell me why you would get them.I want some of those federal hst since the reviews I have seen have been very positive but I donot have a CC or checking account so I can't order any,.

#9 ·
ok I figured it must be from some kind of mod to the firearm.My old boos was a leo and I asked him last week before he quit what did he think I should do.He said get a g17 or g19 so I did.I can't wait til tomorrow so I can go get it and post some pics for you guys.

Now here is my problem,my local shop has a horrible selection of jhp's but I need to get something in case I need it plus I want to go to the range next week if money allows.Out of the following what would you get.
Speer gold dots
winchester silver tips
federal hydrashocks
Please tell me why you would get them.I want some of those federal hst since the reviews I have seen have been very positive but I donot have a CC or checking account so I can't order any,.
I am going to try the HST's,but for now I use Remington Golden Sabors.

#13 ·

Speer gold dots
winchester silver tips
federal hydrashocks

Just for information:
Speer Gold Dot is a bullet developed and sold by Speer. You won't find any loaded ammo made by Speer. Various ammo makers use these Speer bullets.
At

#17 ·
<snip>
Speer gold dots
winchester silver tips
federal hydrashocks
Gold Dots, Golden Sabers and Federal Hydrashocks are pretty much the holy trinity when it comes to proven SD rounds. They're also easily obtainable at any gun shop. I have/had tried all without issue.

I'm not even sure what Winchester silver tips are. Are they akin to Win Ranger Ts?

#18 ·
Mine have ALWAYS ran fine in 9mm, 40S&W, and even my 357 Sig G-35. It is very possible that many complaints are shooter errors (certainly not all of course) and lack of humility (the desire to be teachable....some seem to know it all already). The best thing any shooter can do for reliability is to pay for and get some training. If not, as in can't afford it, etc, study it from a good source at least. The basics are a good start and a good place to revisit often.

#20 ·
The number one PROBLEM is the new owners of Glocks. Not the weapon. It's a new toy that requires an entirly differnet understanding of what a real combat pistol is.

From...

My mags are not feeding the round right! Never understanding that they need to take them apart and clean off the factory film in the tube. Never brushing the tube, follower, and spring down with CLP (using a tooth brush and wipe out with a rag).

Mags not snapping in mag well right! No kidding...The top round pushes against the slide and requires the mag to get a good slap to seat..

My Glock jams every 1000th round! Only a baseball bat is more reliable.

My slide release sticks, my slide sticks back, my trigger has too much this or that, when do I clean it, can I use lead bullets, will Wolf hurt it...

And on it gos....

#21 ·
...Never understanding that they need to take them apart and clean off the factory film in the tube. Never brushing the tube, follower, and spring down with CLP (using a tooth brush and wipe out with a rag).
Ive NEVER had to do that with Glock mags, with Sig mags thats the norm. However, Sig mags are all metal, and come dripping in oil from the factory.

Never brushing the tube, follower, and spring down with CLP (using a tooth brush and wipe out with a rag).
Secondly, its a no-no to put any type of oil (CLP) in the mags as this attracts dirt and gunk.

#22 ·
what do you guys use to clean your glocks?
I used the hoppes #9 i do beleive to clean my RIA and used hoppes oil to lube it.
Is there anything else that is better or cheaper to use and get the job done?
I will clean it when I get it home tomorrow for sure,I will also buy some speer gold dots since I can get them locally for $30 for a box of 50

#23 ·
Ive NEVER had to do that with Glock mags, with Sig mags thats the norm. However, Sig mags are all metal, and come dripping in oil from the factory.
Some do, some don't. My 17 almost falls in. My 26 needs a slap. And oh the memories of my Sig. I had to get rid of her. She was too pretty to shoot. I couldnt bring my self to do it....lol

Secondly, its a no-no to put any type of oil (CLP) in the mags as this attracts dirt and gunk.
The CLP is used to clean the parts. Everything gets wiped down. Besides, not too many people see combat state side, to worry about their mags getting gunked up from mud or sand. Pocket lint don't count. You can run a Glock dry. But why? Unless you expect to spend days in the field(the pasture out back don't count, either)....then oil away, just keep it off the breech face, chamber and striker. And the other stuff can get a oil bath.

#24 ·
what do you guys use to clean your glocks?
I used the hoppes #9 i do beleive to clean my RIA and used hoppes oil to lube it.
Is there anything else that is better or cheaper to use and get the job done?
I will clean it when I get it home tomorrow for sure,I will also buy some speer gold dots since I can get them locally for $30 for a box of 50
This is all I use on my shotguns and now my new G19.

Clenzoil

A quote from the website: Galco Holsters International says that, " &#8230;Clenzoil is the one product we have found that will not only clean, lubricate and prevent rust on firearms like it is advertised to do&#8230;but, it also won't harm leather holsters, belts or gun scabbards&#8230; in fact, it actually nourishes the collagen in the leather." That's why we are proud to point out that Galco International actually sells Clenzoil Field & Range.

#25 ·
Didnt read every thread so please excuse me if this has already been said.

Go to ANY gun related forum and you will read of the problems people are having with their guns.
I have many handguns and the Glock is the only handgun that I have bought more than one of.

Buy the Glock, shoot it, and you will be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.