close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Problems Part 2

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by W.T.D.D., Mar 11, 2004.

1. W.T.D.D.

W.T.D.D.

Well I started to ask a different question on my first post and changed my mind.
    New question on glock 17
    Now I know there are glocks out there with all the bells and things on it but you have to start somewhere and the 17 seemed to be that place.
    What I have chose to do is to get a new adjustable sight,
    For this glock which adjustable sight would you recomend?
    And, to start reloading and find what rounds it likes the best.
    What other things can I do to the 17 that would make it more..........competitive. Please remember I am new so speak english, lol.
    I want to be able to use this glock for target and defense.

Thank each of you for the info you shaired.
    Rick

2. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.

For adjustable sights I like the Dawson target sights with the narrow front sight. They do not hang over the end of the gun like Bomars. If you want a light plinking load I use 3.5 VihtVuori N330 powder with either a 147 gr. West Coast or Zero bullets. If you want a gun for both target shooting and defense, there is not to much you can do, unless you want to change parts back and forth or get another gun, one for defence and one for competion. Like you can change the connector to 3.5 Lbs. polish the parts. But for defense you do not want the 3.5 connector to easy to pull the trigger when you don't want to. My competion guns break at 2lbs. 14 oz.. That is why to lite for defense.

3. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I don't compete, but all my Glocks are equipped with 3.5# connectors. If you keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, there are no issues with trigger pull weight for self defense. MMC also makes an adjustable rear sight for Glocks. You have to drift the sight for windage, so it's not truly adjustable, but it does have an elevation adjustment screw. I also like Agrip on all my Glocks...just don't like the feel of bare plastic.

4. W.T.D.D.

W.T.D.D.

Bob,
    Which Dawson? BMCS, K, LP?
    Walter,
    What are Agrips and where can I look for them?
    Thanks,
    Rick

5. RandySmith

RandySmith

The features that make for a good target/range gun are generally mutually exclusive with the features that make a defense pistol.

Randy

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Check out Brooks Tactical or Topglock for Agrip. I believe they're both GT sponsors.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

I've got my sights on a 34 instead of a 17, but by far, the Hi-Viz set from Dawson, using the avaliable narrow front is the BEST change I've made on my G34.
    The gun is used for USPSA production class & has over 8000 rds on it since the sight change. The only problem is shooting indoors. The Hi-Viz work a lot better outside; I think that it's due to the avaliable UV part of the spectrum. Indoor lighting just doesn't have as much UV. They still are far better than stock factory adjustables. The A-Grip that Walter mentioned has to be felt in your hand to be believed. The grip it gives is nothing short of fantastic. The wetter the grip area gets (rain, snow, sweat, etc) the better the grip gets. This stuff must have been designed for diving knives!!! My 34 has it also, with more coming for most of the rest of the family!

good shooting,

uncle albert

8. Gecko10

Gecko10

I have had the Mep adjustables for several years now. They have been excellent carry sights for me. However, there are probably better competition sights, but not with tritium inserts.

I'm sure you will get the normal comments about using adjustables on a carry gun. However, I have been very satisfied with them on my G36 with no snagging, coming off zero etc, etc, etc.

9. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.