close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock Pre Ban Followers Available

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by hinee hoonee, Jan 16, 2003.

1. hinee hoonee

hinee hoonee

I bought a few of the Scherer Mag bodies from a guy named Smitty (smitty@att.net)
    http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=65348&PID=978631 for around $29.

I later learned that Glock's latest followers (#1812) were not fitting. Glock had changed his own part to one that no longer fits!

Many told me it was the crummy Scherer product....they were wrong.

The newer follower woudln't fit <b>ANY </b>Glock pre-bans either!

I was told Mr. Glock had it in for Scherer (since his release of the longer 30 rounders 9mm/.40 cal years ago), and would do this to hurt him.
    Why anyone in business would seek to destroy, instead of stick to biz, is beyond me....but this was rumored to me, so no big whoop.

They said Glock isn't overly concerned with USA'S 2nd amendment, as they have a police state in Austria, and it should be here too.
    (Civilians carrying is not their projected market, apparently to this individual).
    I couldn't care less about this man's/company's politics...the gun is great.

What bothered me is that these "newest" followers won't work in GLOCK'S own pre-bans.

Glockmeister, Topglock, Lone Wolf...NO ONE has older followers.

I contact Smitty...seems he has a pile of them ($2 each, but what the heck!)...and they worked.

Before anyone asks: I was not building mags...only one of my followers cracked (when I tried the "Armorer's" technique of twisting the spring off, instead of gingerly lifting the spring out with a blade screwdriver...OUCH! ;g ) and needed replacement.

I was replacing some cheapies (Promag) that I scored for $15 each on G-broker.

I have also heard Glock will be releasing their OWN mag bodies (pre-ban) and Midway will carry them.

This would certainly put the last nail in Schere's coffin...but would be awesome for us!

Heck...at $17 a piece.....I will buy out Promag!
    ;f

Hope this all takes place before 9/2005, when life may return to the hi cap toting caring safe, legal public (IPSC/etc).

Until then.... the followers are still there, if you are interested, and this doesn't turn into another Smitty bashing thread.;Q

2. Point Blanks

Point Blanks

3. hinee hoonee

hinee hoonee

AH! Atlanta Cracker!
    Seller of others used trashed parts.
    SO SOON?
    I figured maybe one person would reply, before you started calling everyone Smitty.

I guess with ALL YOU HAVE TO DO in a day, between sifting waste baskets, and selling crud on E-bay this is your home away from home.

Go for it.
    I was going to ask if you had USED followers, but I see you too are out.

It's obviously too late for you to GET A LIFE>..but maybe you could die and start over?
    ;f

4. Point Blanks

Point Blanks

Smitty,sorry to hear thru the grapevine that Glock,Inc. decided not to hire you as a factory rep down here in beautiful Smyrna,Ga.

Don't worry,i am sure once you pulled up stakes in N.Y. and relocated to Atlanta you would have regreted it.

No fret,the Ebaynians will always be hunting Glock hats,shirts,and keychains.

Back to the followers,are they 9mm3 or the same kind Macster99 is selling on Ebay (stamped 9mm only)???

5. 6530

OK, maybe this is a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.

Why can't somebody go to a plastic fabricator with one or two followers and have them duplicated?

Design copyrights, maybe. Anything else?

6. SavannahGL

SavannahGL

I'd wager the patents have run on everything that was on the original G17's.