Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Glock has plastic trigger pins, plastic back plate, plastic firing pin spacer sleeve, plastic firing pin retainer cups, plastic channel liner, plastic trigger, plastic guide rod, plastic trigger housing, plastic mag release, plastic sights and lastley the plastic lower. Not sure if the Glock locking lever is plastic.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for joining Glock Talk to explain this to us.
Your welcome, the only parts that can't get replaced for metal ones is the plastic retainer cups, plastic firing pin spacer sleeve and trigger housing. But I'm not to sure if the trigger housing can be made in aluminum or steel just haven't found it made that way yet. So I'm guessing that isn't available for a metal replacement.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,939 Posts
Your welcome, the only parts that can't get replaced for metal ones is the plastic retainer cups, plastic firing pin spacer sleeve and trigger housing. But I'm not to sure if the trigger housing can be made in aluminum or steel just haven't found it made that way yet. So I'm guessing that isn't available for a metal replacement.
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to replace proven OEM parts that are capable of lasting for round counts into the several hundreds of thousands, for aftermarket parts that often cause reliability issues?

Reactions: Quade

· Patrol Corporal
1,855 Posts
Is the OP complaining about the plastic or complimenting Glock? I’m not sure.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,939 Posts
Is the OP complaining about the plastic or complimenting Glock? I’m not sure.
Looks like he was complaining because he’s talking above about what he can replace with metal parts. Not sure why though? He hasn’t been back in a day.

· Registered
7,190 Posts
Not an expert here, but the list of what all parts can be replaced with plastic sounded like a list of parts that any home 3-D printer guru can replicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.