Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if the Glock knives are as durable and efficient as the Glock pistols?

Can they take all types of abuse or will they snap in two with little effort?

What's your experience? Should I stil to the Glock pistols or venture out, buy a Glock knife w/ root saw, and add another Glock to the collection?;)

Thanks!

-Emt1581

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought one of the od ones a few years back. It seems like a pretty well made knife. I like the size and weight. Haven't really been very hard on it to know just how durable it is. For no more than they cost, I would suggest that you buy one or two.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got a black sawback Glock knife. Think I got it at Sportsmansguide.com while ordering some x39 ammo a few years ago.

A good strong knife. Metal is very hard, but the thickness of the blade keeps you from getting it razor sharp. The price is good, IIRC it cost $35 or so.

I'm sure it can take all kinds of abuse. I've used it as a tent stake, a bottle opener also while camping, and to cut a tire (while on the rim) to make one of those ******* flower pots.

·
Senior Jackass
84 Posts
Originally posted by emt1581
I'm curious if the Glock knives are as durable and efficient as the Glock pistols?

Can they take all types of abuse or will they snap in two with little effort?

What's your experience? Should I stil to the Glock pistols or venture out, buy a Glock knife w/ root saw, and add another Glock to the collection?;)

Thanks!

-Emt1581
They're OK but you need to replace the crappy stock sight and install some Meps. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
OMB Express catalog right here in front of me lists the GLOCK knives at $19.99 w/o saw and $22 with the saw edge.

That's who I ordered mine from. Great price and service.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
NO! NO! NO!
Glock knifes are better than the pistols :supergrin:

And No do not buy one

BUY 3 EACH ON DIFFERENT COLOR!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Use the Froogle search on Google for them. Sort Low to High price and you'll probably find one pretty cheap. I bought one for $9.99 from a gunshop going out of business a few years back.

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by gmckinl
OMB Express catalog right here in front of me lists the GLOCK knives at $19.99 w/o saw and $22 with the saw edge.

That's who I ordered mine from. Great price and service.
OMB Express?

Link please??

Also, never heard of the Froogle search on Google. Could you share that as well please?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

·
BLR
7,414 Posts
I picked one up for $20.00 on e-bay. Nice knife, but not as well balanced as an original Ka-Bar in my opinion.

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went to that OMB Express's website. They have the Glock knife w/ root saw (why is it a Root Saw instead of a plain...saw??????) in black for $28.50 shipped.

Is there any GT member or other place that would beat that price??

Thanks!

-Emt1581

1,087 Posts
For the past week, a couple hours each day I've been using my Glock knife to saw fallen trees into firewood, and pounding the blade through those to make nice kindling.

After a week of that, it only took about five minutes on the sharpmaker to have it push-cutting paper again.

Not the best knife in the world, but for the price I don't feel bad about abusing it - and it seems to handle the abuse well.

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I appreciate the reply. Seems like, when duty call for it, these will take a lickin and keep on tickin.

But will I find a price better than $28.50 shipped for a black saw version?

Thanks

-Emt1581

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I guess OMB express has the best price.

I also learned something else...that Froogle thing doesn't work worth a damn because it never mentioned OMB Express.:supergrin:

-Emt1581

·
Registered
270 Posts
I personally wouldn´t hesitate to spend USD 300 on a tool I might have to depend on one day (that´s why i buy Striders). But 28ish is a good price for sure. Enjoy your Glock knife, but prepare to give it a good sharpening first.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts