close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Pistols on Doomsday Preppers In Canada Eh....?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RowdyatHeart, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

In Canada at that eh.............? Mommy, Daddy and Daughter Prepper go get handguns. Mama chooses a Glock 17. I did not know you could own a handgun in Canada? Mama put up a great group for a neophyte. Daddy Prepper had some sort of polymer gun and his groups.....well.....sucked.

Some of these people they profile have good points. Others are nutcases.

2. SCC

SCC Member Me

You may own a handgun in Canada. The conditions of ownership are much more regulated, though, than the conditions in many US states.

Handguns with a barrel length less than 4.1 inches, or those designed to fire .25 or .32 ammunition are designated prohibited. As such there are very tight criteria for ownership.

Most other handguns would be designated as restricted weapons.

There are only 4 justifications for restricted weapon ownership: target shooting at a registered club; collecting; employment; or defence of life.

Most permits are issued for the first 2 scenarios.

In order to transport a restricted weapon, you must obtain an Authority to Transport certificate.

Want to know all the relevant requirements for firearms posession, storage, and transportation in Canada? See the Canadian Firearms Center's web site:

www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca

3. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Good information---thanks

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

I'm so glad I live in the USA and
    don't have those problems.... lol

sent from my G'z One using tapatalk

5. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

yet....

6. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

We just have different problems here. For instance, in Canada 14'' is the legal limit for shotgun barrels. Here, the government mandates 18.5''. Different problems indeed.... :dunno:

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

What I'm really getting tired of are the nutjobs that think economic depression = 80% of the population will die. Nutjobs.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  8. TigerStripe

TigerStripe

I noticed the G17 as well. I knew the "rights" were different in Canada from the ones we are allowed to exercise here.

I always watch that show because you never know what you're going to see.

TS

9. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

In the back of my mind----yes I think we need to be prepared but I do not think it needs to be an obsession. The one thing I see missing in a lot of those stories is a lack of recognition of a higher power-----that essentially the Prepper is in complete control of their own destiny. Now I do not care for Bible thumpers but I do follow a higher power. I do think the people who are co-opting with others are wise. We should do this anyway----we should have our neighbor's back when it is possible to do so.

The old guy that shaves his head with the young cadre disturbs me. He may be a great guy but I get a strange intuition that something is not all right in that scenario based upon life experiences.

The interesting thing to me was how the narrators singled in on the primary reason I prefer Glocks-----their dependability and ubiquitous nature from many angles. I am impressed that they are not trying to make lawful gun owners seem like kooks. Maybe they have and I didn't catch it.

10. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

It seems as though they ARE trying to make most preppers look like kooks. Not outright, but it's kinda veiled. Hiding a big rig? A Yellowstone volcano erupts and covers New York with deadly ash? A Los Angeles hippie who eats nasty stuff growing in the LA "River"? My kids and I got a good laugh out of the super fat guy waddling down his driveway doing "maneuvers" with his M14. I think that guy made gun owners look like tards.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the show. I believe strongly in being prepared (but I'm not very prepared myself). It's just that some of their reasons and plans for survival seem a little nutty.

11. Wi3n3rschnitz3l

Wi3n3rschnitz3l

That guy lost all his guns, they felt he was mentally incompetent.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/rAj2A9Oiyz0[/ame]

12. TigerStripe

TigerStripe

They do tend to make them look like kooks, just in a subtle manner. A lot of the "preppers" on the show do it to themselves.

That guy got ruled incompetent and his firearms "rights" were removed. Was he all there? No. Was he a danger to anyone but himself? I doubt it.

It may take a "stupid" reason to cause one to prepare. Nutty plans, however, are of little use.

TS

13. roadkill46

roadkill46

yeah but man wouldn't it be cool to have an underground man cave with a flame thrower and spikes and then stock it with a full bar, huge plasma, dancer pole and cigar lounge! heck with the food, i'm going out in style!
    the bald head guy i noticed had a few 'breeding stock' girls in his little troop. he even quoted 'repopulate the world'....ugh!
    the guy that is making the steel underground bunkers is making some huge bank i bet. problem is in most areas, that little one the couple bought was 50K is the land to put it on, can't really go inconspicuous in your backyard!
    the hippie that got that smoking deal on the nuke platform for 40K had it the best although not into hippies he had the best set up. man the gov spent millions on that silo and then sold of for thousands. that would be the 'bomb' shelter!!!!!

14. 125K9

125K9

O.K. guys, I don't mean to seem out of touch, but WHAT show are you talking about??? Is this something that comes on regular satelite T.V.?

15. Prince Herman

Prince Herman

16. roadkill46

roadkill46

it's on one of dem new fangled sattelite tv's. it's magic how dem satelites can come in your living room.. that's where my tin foil hat comes in!

National Geo..i'm sure they have it on cable. do a search, Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday Shelters

pretty cool shows but borderline on the people being total OCD or schizoid. but i'd know who i'd want to bunk with if TEOTWAWKI happened!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  17. Rustin

Rustin

So what happened to david sarti? I had seen his youtube videos a while back. I am surprised to hear they took his guns because someone thought he was insane. This is BS.

18. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

If a dang Glock or anything else makes some one ''feel" prepared for the end of all things..... More power to 'em, and God help 'em. Ha.

These kinda things pop up every now and again and are so stinking dumb. When it's the end. It's the end ! Nothing will stop that..

Just a friendly word of common sense. ;)

CM

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012