Glock Talk banner

Would you rather Glocks not have a pig nose?

• Yes

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 75 67.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 2022 and we're on the fifth generation of pistols. Can't they get rid of the pig nose. I don't know about you, but when I drop $700 or more on a pistol (any price, really), I want symmetry, parallel and straight lines, etc. I know it doesn't effect the performance of the pistol, and neither would a scratch if Glock pistols always came with one. I know I can fix it with a heat gun (and I've done this in the past), but still. Between the plastic sights and the pig nose, I don't think I can call it "perfection".
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

Ps. I know the picture is of a Gen4, but the Gen5s can have them as well.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt we'd ever see a pig nose on a German gun, that's for sure.

·
Banned
280 Posts
unlike m&p 2.0, glock doesn't have the embedded steel chassis to keep the frame rigid and straight, so glock frames just melt, droop, and curve all over the place. m&p also uses next generation zytels that have a more advanced formula than glocks

·
Florist
21,646 Posts
I know I can fix it with a heat gun (and I've done this in the past), but still.
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Cookware and bakeware

Sure, if you want, go ahead and do something similar to your Glocks!

• Haha
Reactions: BDM71

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
unlike m&p 2.0

m&p also uses next generation zytels that have a more advanced formula than glocks
What does M&P have to do with this thread?

glock doesn't have the embedded steel chassis to keep the frame rigid and straight, so glock frames just melt, droop, and curve all over the place
Have you ever had a Glock exactly as you describe?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What does M&P have to do with this thread?
It's relevant because S&W actually fixed the problem in their polymer frames. That was his point.

Reactions: Valley-Shooter

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This crap still…. Ignored!
One more thing. You and I may have been here for years, but people start shooting Glocks and joining this forum all the time. Moreover, people's opinions change over time, so if we talked about it years ago, just because your opinion hasn't changed doesn't mean others' have not. The pistol market gets more competitive and hopefully Glock doesn't rest on its laurels and steps up to the plate. If people didn't complain about things with the previous generations they never would have come out with the refinements they have with subsequent generations. I for one would just like the pig nose and polymer sights to go away. These were minor issues for me a decade ago and they're still issues today.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clearly, 20% of the people participating in this poll are among the elite of our species (at least in terms of taste).

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I remember the first pig nose I noticed on my Gen3 Glock 19 many years ago. It took me a couple of weeks until I noticed it, but when I did, I was like, WTF?! I fixed it (along with subsequent ones), but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth (obviously).

By the way, I LOVE the Bobba Fett look. But I like my guns looking nice until I mess them up myself.

·
MacGyver
9,527 Posts
You are all over it, and you know it is there.

If it bothers you, and Don't like it, then don't buy it. Saturated market now of polymer framed, striker fired guns.... so many fish in the pond....go get one that suits your taste.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts