Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I am pretty sure this has been covered, but I can't find it.

Could someone give me a list of Glock spare parts to stock for a SHTF repair kit. I already have the Glock armorer's course on DVD and the Radocy Takedown Guide.

The list should cover full size, compact and sub-compact model Glocks.

I have a current Brownell's and O.M.B. Express catalog.

I appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

Medicguy94

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
+1 on the duplicate weapons.

Parts:
extractor, extractor spring and plunger
firing pin, FP spring and spring cups
trigger and trigger bar
connector
trigger housing
trigger spring
recoil spring
channel liner
FP safetey plunger and spring

X2-3 per weapon will be a lifetime supply.
IME, glocks do not break many factory parts, but they are easy to lose and some are concrete soluble.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Other than the frame, slide and barrel, stock Glock parts are pretty economical.

Just buy one (or two) of each part, it won't cost all that much, you'll probably never need them, but you won't go wrong doing it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Other than the frame, slide and barrel, stock Glock parts are pretty economical.

Just buy one (or two) of each part, it won't cost all that much, you'll probably never need them, but you won't go wrong doing it.
Allman, I have to disagree with you. Glock parts are not economical. In my opinion they are overpriced. Look at firing pins. The last time I checked you couldn't find them for less than $34. I think an AR-15 firing pin is $6. Same goes for various springs, guide rods, etc. The whole Bushy AR-15 field repair kit is only $32, less than the cost of a single Glock firing pin.

A few months ago I asked one Glock parts vendor if he would put together a "repair kit" with only those parts that are likely to fail or need replacement. That Glockmeister kit is $136 and contains every single part. Many of those parts are unlikely to fail. There must be some statistics on what OEM parts are replaced the most often. Anyway, he emailed me back and said it was a good idea and that he might do it someday. I'm still waiting. :impatient:

So for me at least, due to the high prices of the very simple Glock parts I too believe the best parts strategy is multiple Glocks in your prefered model.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I personally have a spare parts kit for my G27. It is a G23.

Likewise, I have a spare parts kit for my G23. It is a G27.

I can easily understand why someone would want to have a 23 behind a 23 if the firepower were more important to their way of thinking. Likewise a 27 behind a 27 if concealment were more significant to one's thinking.

Of course, I've never had even one jam, let alone a breakage on either. And I have one of each because the local shop just had them sitting there, used, and very reasonably priced.

Have a great day.

JerryinPA

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I recently purchased the Complete Parts Replacement Kit from GlockMeister - includes everything but the slide, frame and barrel...

DAMN, that's a great deal!!!! :shocked:

I like that kit as well as the suggestion to have 2-3x of your pistol of choice.

Don't forget spare parts for your long gun!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Other than bashing a sight, or the extremely rare kaboom, has anybody EVER experienced a broken part on a Glock?
Yep, I broke a captured guide rod once. Didnt notice it until I took the gun apart to clean it. It was a G22.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Other than bashing a sight, or the extremely rare kaboom, has anybody EVER experienced a broken part on a Glock?

Yep, actually the very first Glock I ever shot - I rented it at my local range, after a few rounds it stopped working. Took it to the range master who disassembled it & found that one of the frame rails snapped clean off.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Over the last ten years the most common parts that I've had to replace are recoil springs, and magazine springs. The part that most often breaks is the extractor followed by couple of strikers and a locking block. The part that is most often lost is the firing pin safety spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts