close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock parts: orig vs fake

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jundeleon, Sep 16, 2006.

1. jundeleon

jundeleon

How can you tell if a glock part for sale is original or fake?

Was browsing through the displays at MCS and a 3.5lb connector was selling for Php 410 trust trade to Php 1,100 at final option. Sales personnel from both stores said the ones they are selling are original glock.

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

I've been using the one from Trustrade for a few months now. No malfunctions naman. Compare it to the stock one in your unit. Looks the same to me.

3. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

let me see. meron na ba fake glock parts? what i know these can be locally fabricated pero kita mo rin ang distinction sa stock parts:

- recoil rod
    - sights (novak type, etc.)
    - slide cover plate
    - magazine base pad
    - slide cover plate
    - full auto selector switch

mura lang iyong parts sa trust trade ngayon. last year I bought an original 3.5 lbs. connector sa Twin Pines at P 500.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i think its because trust trade is now the authorized dealer of glock here in RP. final option used to be in that spot.

5. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Ok given that we now know who the authorized dealer is or preferred dealer at that, could you gents please give me list of the parts that I should STOCK NOW so that I could rest easy when time comes that I won't be in trouble. My boomer is a Glock23.

6. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Only the following:

- extra barrel (kkm and barsto)
    - extra magz
    - recoil rod and spring

wala na ako maisip na sirain sa glock

7. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

the two pins that locks the locking block,pati yung trigger spring minsan.

8. jundeleon

jundeleon

ok will get the trust trade items then.

aside fro the 3.5lbs connector, do i have to get another trigger spring to make the trigger pull lighter?

Or is the connector the only part to be replaced?

9. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

try the 3.5 bar, if you want to ighten it more, polish the contacting surfaces of the trigger bar and connector. if you want more, try reduced power striker spring.

10. jimbullet

jimbullet

In getting the 3.5 connector, is it okay to have trust trade tinker with your glock to replace the factory connector?

11. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

there is no need, you can do it yourself:)

12. jimbullet

jimbullet

Wait, reduced striker spring? Wont we get light strikes on the primer too over time assuming I always carry mine loaded most of the time, which might affect spring life?

As for the connector....well yes I have read that one can do it yourself but I kinda dont have the courage yet since I havent done it before and I'd rather have "expert" do it at least for me to see how upclose.....:supergrin: This way, at least I could yell help when there is an extra piece left once I put it back together.

13. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

mucking around with the internals of your glock is not reccomended if that glock is for carry:) ya, there is a possibility of lightstrike with the reduced power fp. i think atmarcella is the expert in lightening the glocks trigger pull:)

14. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

yes sir jim madali lang sa una nkkatakot just follow ung pix ng glock when its fieldstirp ok na dali lang ibalik .

actualy when u change ur connector same parin tension mas madali lang sya pumutok .

kung bawasan un striker spring nkakatako t nga eh i tried to use ligther spring its firing naman in the range but for my carry i only trust the original . ung local spring ko parang 1.5 lbs nalng tension nya.

tnx

ask heavy tooo dami rin sya alam sa triger set

15. boholglock

boholglock

the possibility of primers failing to ignite is high in lightened striker spring. that is definitely a main concern when you carry for personal defense. it takes away the inherent reliability of your Glock. this is more common among hard primers like CCI(silver ones).
    i managed to lighten my trigger pull on my range Glock 35 by using a 4lb wolff striker spring and a 3.5 lbs connector. i'm very selective with my ammo specs, including the primer of course. i use winchester primers.
    you can also try the ghost rocket trigger kit. it has good reviews. i hope to try it once my order arrives.
    i reiterate these mods are recommended for your range gun.
    i hope this helps.

16. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

this is what i did, i made my own overtravel stop, used a dremel to modify my trigger housing, drilled in a small screw, voila, overtavel stop.

here's what i did sa springs:

i cut 3 coils sa firing pin spring

http://glockmeister.com/catalog/images/Dsc00562.jpg

then cut 2 coils off sa wolff reduced plunger spring

http://glockmeister.com/catalog/images/FPSafety.jpg

cut 3 coils off sa stock trigger(stock seems to work better with these kind of mod), reduces pre travel, drop safety still works.

used wolff 4lb striker spring

sa connector, scherer pinaka crisp, use dremel in conjuction sa 1200 grit sandpaper. the surface of the connector need to be sanded until flat para mas consistent ang trigger pull, if you dont do this, you will have a light trigger but no definite break(analogy, mushy spongy feel...), what your looking for if crisp, parang balat ng chicken joy or glass breaking, yung trigger bar na comes in contact with the connector needs to be sanded and polished also, pati yung kabilang side na dumidikit sa frame, yung metal na comes in contact sa plunger polish only as well as the cruciform, use GLO and dremel tool to polish to a mirror finish, use MOBIL 1 oil works best sa connector lube, doesnt vaporize pag hi-temp, yung striker needs to be polised, btw, kahit naka stock kang striker spring and you dont clean the channel, you'll still encounter light strikes, use a light spring and just keep the channel clean, btw i dont have problems with winchester primers, for the last 3months or 3000+ rounds havent had a sigle problem with light strikes. may issue ako dati coz my recoil spring was too light, 14lbs minus 4 coils, the slide moves a little when you pull the trigger. causing off center primer strikes, now its a reliable 12lbs, no putol, pwede 175pf and below 160pf. btw, this mods are too drastic for some, this is my range only g35. sa carry ko na g30, 3.5 connector lang at polish ok na. btw a 3.5lb connector gives you a trigger pull of around 4.3-4.5, mine is 2.7-2.9, pag bago lagay oil, mas mababa pa...PM me if you have questions. make sure may extra parts kayo before you do any of these mods.

17. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

kay laiza sobrang mura parts. chk them out too