Glock Parts Help

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Call Me Trinity, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Call Me Trinity

Call Me Trinity

2. norcalAF

norcalAF

ranger1968 likes this.

3. Call Me Trinity

Call Me Trinity

Thanks for your input. I'm in NorCal too, btw.

4. Mike-M

Mike-M

OP: Glock does not sell the part you seek. Glock sells only the complete Trigger with Trigger Bar.

Your Gen3 G23 uses the grooved-face TWTB part 2303. If you prefer you may substitute the smooth-face TWTB part 357. You should also replace the coil Trigger Spring part 350. That's the part that breaks most often on Gen4 and earlier pistols.

It doesn't matter for your project that Glock has suspended parts sales because of the virus scare. Glock sells at no time any of the above parts to anyone not a Glock-Certified Armorer. You'll need to find a third-party source of OEM parts like Brownell's or Midway.

L-2 likes this.
  5. Call Me Trinity

Call Me Trinity

T
    Thank you very much. Appreciate your input. I've replaced springs as well but very informative response.
    To bad, I like to tinker. (-: Think I'll look into the smooth face trigger shoe.

CC Glock likes this.
  6. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

The bigger issue is that the trigger safety is installed with a blind pin. Without driving it all the way through the other side, there isn't a way to remove it.

7. Call Me Trinity

Call Me Trinity

U
    . I've already removed it, Sir. And... bent the leaf spring for greater tension .

58sniper likes this.
  8. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

Excellent. I've always wanted to have a red trigger safety, just for aesthetics. But once I saw the blind pin, I gave up on the idea. I know some have push it through....

9. Call Me Trinity

Call Me Trinity

It's not terribly difficult. I used an exacto style razor knife. Cut the pointy tip of the razor to make a flat head screwdriver shape. Dull the cut edge so it won't gouge the pin as it's pryed out. Slide the knife edge between the trigger shoe and the safety tab and gently work the knife edge to pry the pin out. Take your time, it does come out. Just make sure you're prying in the right direction. I didn't do that at first. lmho. You'll see the pin start to show itself. The pin is relatively soft, so take care when pulling on it. Pry enough to release the safety tab. Not necessary to remove the pin completely.
    I wanted extras for when I screw up.
    A little smithing and I don't see why it can't be made to push through. I'm not going there though, lol.

58sniper likes this.
  10. vmann

vmann Controller

In 25 years of gen2 through gen4 guns I have never had a trigger spring break...

11. norcalAF

norcalAF

Call it cheap insurance when buying a used gun then.

12. Mike-M

Mike-M

A rare exception does not establish THE rule. Many many others report a different experience...including Glock. That's why in 2010 Glock modified the Trigger Spring hook attachment point on the Trigger Mechanism Housing and on the Trigger With Trigger Bar to reduce localized stress on the Trigger Spring hooks. Typically, hook failure is reported more often at the polymer TMH instead of the steel TWTB. Finally, post-Gen4 pistols replaced the stretched hooked Trigger Spring with a compressed hookless Trigger Spring to eliminate the most common broken part problem of all Gen4 and earlier pistols.

Trigger Spring hook failure is indeed a common and persistant problem in the original Glock design.

L-2 and Spartan24 like this.
  13. Call Me Trinity

Call Me Trinity

Never said it broke Sir. Thanks for sharing