close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock or Sig

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by meshmdz, Jan 29, 2007.

1. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

I am looking to get a new 9mm. I was thinking about a Sig in the back of my mind (never owned one) but then again, all i have ever carried is a glock. what are the pros and cons of each. I just dont know if i can convince myself that ANY sig is a few hundred bucks better than a glock.

2. bac1023

bac1023

I like Glock better as a carry gun for its lighter weight. However, I fire a Sig more accurately. They are totally different.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

To me my Glock was a tool, but my SIG is a passion. Sold the Glock. Never looked back.

4. AWMP

AWMP

In the boat with both, Always had Glocks (all 9mm for carry as well), but I know have a Sig 229 SAS in .40SW with the DAK trigger, true the Sig is larger but it carries well and I can hit anything with it. The Sig is not cheap but you get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong the Glock will never fail you, but the Sig is really a sweet pistol. Sig is finally catching up with CCW market, with several new pistols out and more to come.

5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I like Glocks in small to med. sized pistols. I prefer Sigs for .45, .40, and .357Sig.

6. J.Kill

J.Kill

I have a 228-9 and a 229-9 I love'em both the most accurate guns I've ever owned. I only use my 19 for HD anymore. The Sigs are a bit heavier but it doesn't bother me at all. They are more expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

I have to agreewith dmobrien2001 that glocks are a tool and Sigs are my passion. I just bought my 229 last week and I'm already wanting a 226 or 220 compact.

You stated you've never shot a Sig. I was the same way until I shot a friends and a week and a half later I had one. If you get a Sig you won't regret it. Also you could ask some opinions over at www.sigforum.com it's a great forum and Glock's are talked about there often.

7. sniper350

sniper350

For me a Glock is just a revolver that uses a magazine instead of a cylinder to load rounds.

When you taste the speed and accuracy of a SA fired pistol, you won't go back to that DA trgger pull. The Glock was made to fit Law Enforcement needs -- simple, nothing fancy, DA [ safe without any training ] trigger pull.

Talk about hybrid trigger selections ..... look at the Walther P-99 with the AS [ anti-stress ] trigger group. It allows you to carry the pistol in the SA mode without needing any safeties if that's your desire. But much to dangerous for Law Enforcement to learn or train with.

I have alway said, The SIG P226 is the best 9mm pistol I have ever fired. The US Secret Service tested this weapon [ circa 1980's ] for 100,000 rounds WITHOUT cleaning it ...... and NO JAMS or FTF !! Very impressive. 3 Guys firing the gun 8 hours a day >>>>> How do you get that sort of job :animlol:

JF.

8. Mwildt

Mwildt

I have a 225 and a 228 and have owned a G23 (.40 I know but anyway). The Glock ran like a mass produced well oiled machine, but throw a set of Hogue's on the Sigs and you'll swear the gun was made JUST for you.

As for price, shop around on the used market unless you just have money to burn. I picked up my 228 a few years ago for around $530 I believe and my 225 I just picked up last weekend for $395 out the door.

9. CU4X4N

CU4X4N 5th of November

Do you plan on carrying the Sig?
    If not, go for a full-size 226 or 220!

10. Warhorse

Warhorse

I have to agree with bac1023, the Glock is much easier to CCW. Lighter in weight, and more capacity. I still love my Sigs, and ocaisionally CCW my 239,229SAS.

11. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I have both and they both have a place in my collection.

Glock IMO is the best carry gun design out there though and I carry a Glock 30.

I have carried a SIG and plan to carry my P228 on occasion, but the Hammer seems to poke me in the side when I sit down.

12. Sig_NZ

Sig_NZ

Have both, love both.

The Glock will make you appreciate why you paid more for the Sig, but they are just as accurate as each other IMO.

They are completely apples and oranges though (note they are both fruit haha) the sig is a lot smoother perhaps more refined and therefore more emotive to own and use - whereas the glock is a no BS talking mofo that will eat any 9mm you feed it and proves its worth time and again by being quality through toughness and reliability.

nuff said!

13. Breeze

Breeze

Agree w/ what everybody else is saying that a glock is tool... and a good one at that. they both would have a place in your collection, etc...

Decide what you are going to use it for and go off of the responses posted - i.e. tool vs passion.

Sigs pricing has gone up so you might look at CPO's which I think are a good buy too.

Now - if you're thinkin glock is what best suits your needs you might also want to look at the M&P. Nice "new" tool as well - I was pleasantly surprised and will now own a few of those too.

good luck -

14. willm

willm

If the issue is price difference the yo may consider either CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) models or the SIG Pro series. I personally would encourage the SIG Pro as you already are comfortable with polymer framed handguns. The Pro offers a lot including a tremendous trigger, interchangeable grips, a short trigger (if necessary) and it is a mid-size pistol (somewhere between a G19 and a G17). The one I had made me look great every time I pulled trigger.

FWIW and respectfully submitted.

15. NailShooter

NailShooter

Have both a P228 and a G19. Awesome guns! The finish is stronger on the Glock and it will also double tap a little quicker IMO. The SA trigger on my P228 is crisper and lighter than the Glock, however. The G19 is slightly more compact and might make an easier to conceal carry piece. You can bring the Sig up to the same mag capacity by going with MecGar mags--they are +2 over the std Sig mags. Price advantage goes to Glock. Both have been equally reliable, and I'd never sell either. Regards,

NS

16. wild bill kelso

wild bill kelso Treetop Flyer

I own both and each have their purpose. The best analogy that I can come up with is: “the glock is like a disposable lighter” takes a beating, hard to hurt it, and so what if it gets dinged up. There is not any emotional attachment to the Glock.

My Sig on the other hand is “like a Zippo lighter”, always reliable, very durable and very sexy. Like a Zippo, I would miss it if was gone.