close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock or Hk

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock34-35, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Glock34-35

Glock34-35

I am looking for a .40 caliber handgun and cant decide between the Glock 35 or Hk .40 Usp. Do any of you have one of them or both. What do you think about them as far as performance, accuracy, and durability. The price really dosnt matter to me. Thanks;I

2. PikeB

PikeB

Not familiar with HK, but I love my G27. I just wanted to ask you who makes that belt in your picture? Thanks.

3. Duke of Lawnchair

Duke of Lawnchair

Glock34-35,

I currently own a g22 and an HK USP40F. Although you specifically asked whether one of us owned a g35 or USP40F I feel that I can comment about my experiences. A shooting friend has a g35 that he uses for IPSC/USPSA gaming. In fact, he's a member of this board and I'm sure he'll chime in here. My experiences with the G35 have been nothing but good. I especially like the lengthened sight radius and his non-glock Heinie slant pros. However, even the original adjustable glock sights were good enough. As far as performance goes, gee...I'm not all that great a shot but I sure as hell can shoot my g22 and his g35 a lot better than the USP40F. As far as accuracy is concerned, well since I shoot the glocks a lot better then the HK I'm more accurate with them. Durability? It's a toss-up as they are both very well made.

Personally, the p228 has replaced the HK as a bedside gun and then then p226 replaced the p228. Now, my g22 has replaced the p226. I haven't sold any of them, but I am most comfortable with the g22 now.

Jim

4. stubby

stubby

I have several Glocks and several HKs. If I had to choose one over the other I would go with the Glock. I do not care for a weapon with a decocker on it, just another part that can break. Two of my HKs are DAO, and one is SA/DA. I prefer the DAO. If I had to buy 3 semi auto handguns and they could not be from the same company it would go Glock, Sig, HK.
    Stubby

5. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

I have had both and kept the G-35! The Glock is not as fancy looking, but it just plain works. It fits my hand better and feels natural.

6. noway

noway

The real question is " what one do YOU like?

They all have great performance.Very accurate and highly durable.

Myself, I have never been a real H&K fan and for me the cost was a BIG reason not to go with a H&K. I also don't like the mag release button location. But out of all the H&K that I have fired, they where very much accurate and a hair more than the glocks.

7. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Both are good guns the Glock 34/35, however, will have more success in SSP/Producton divisions if you shoot IDPA/USPSA.

8. Glock34-35

Glock34-35

thanks for the responses I am gettin the g35, The belt is made by safairland

9. Duke of Lawnchair

Duke of Lawnchair

Right on. Enjoy!

10. tacticalfitness

tacticalfitness

i just bought a g-35 for duty use .
    i haven't shot it yet . i have to change the 3.5 connector .
    i currently use a g-22 and g-27 for duty . i have never ever had any problems with them . if the g-35 is anyting like it fellow glocks, you
    can't go wrong .no external safety, decocker to mess you up .
    the biggest thing, same trigger pull ,first time and every time .;L ;L ;L ;L ;L ;L