close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock or 1911

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlackMike, Oct 24, 2003.

1. BlackMike

BlackMike Indifferent...

Man, Ive got the money and I just cant decide wheter to get a Kimber Pro Carry, or a G30. The main reason Id like the Kimber is because I already have a Sig and was wanting to keep all single action guns... What should I pick?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

You've come here to ask this question?;f

Hmmm...Let me think...I KNOW!!! Get the Glock!;)

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Get a 5" 1911 and a G30!

4. BlackMike

BlackMike Indifferent...

Well I think I am gonna get the Glock because the way I see it, the Kimber has a bunch of crap on it I could care less about like fancy sights and match this and match that... Id rather get a Glock 21 or 30 with a bunch of ammo and still have some money left over.

5. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

The G30 is a wise choice. It is very dependable and light .

6. Counter Strike

Counter Strike

My experience is that a 1911 (even a 5" all-steel) is easier to carry/conceal than any Glock due to the thickness/blockiness of the Glock's slide and frame. This is particularly so if you carry IWB. I carry a 1911 IWB and have a G22 on the nightstand.

7. DaddyDett

DaddyDett

Get the Glock, and a CZ 97B for the .45 ACP chambering.
    You might well get both for the price of the Kimber, or close to it.
    DaddyDett

8. BlackMike

BlackMike Indifferent...

Well Ive decided that the GLock it is now I cant decided between the G30 and the G21. Probably the G21... Monday is Glock day;f ;f ;f

9. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Buy the G30, you won't be sorry!

10. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I picked the G30, mainly because it seems easier to conceal. I also am stubborn about reduced cap mags, and like them stuffed as full as possible. So the standard G30 mags, with the great chunky little G30, was my pick.

When we move to free territories, or if the sunset happens, I'll look at a G21. Or maybe a G20........ Or maybe a G17L...... Or that handy G19.......

11. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

Glock! It's whats for dinner.

I went with the Glock 21. I have had too many reliability problems with every 1911 I owned.

Before the 1911 fans flame me, Let me say that is my experience with 1911's. I know some people who have had great luck with 1911's.

There is a great thread on this topic over at The High Road.

12. BlackMike

BlackMike Indifferent...

Well I ended up buying a Kimber Custom II, not carry... The Glock model I liked the most is the G36. I just dont care for the extra width of the G21 and G30, although, the G30 is a cool gun. But I definitely like single stack guns and the G30 doesnt fit that bill... Id rather get a +1 extension for the G36. But both those models G30 and G36 are my two of favorite Glock models now. From looking at them on the web I was thinking they were going to be much smaller than they were in reality... They are actually similar in size to the G19. A G36 is definitely going to be bought, hopefully sometime around the first of the year, and hopefully I can get a great deal on a slightly used one!

13. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

"A .45 is not suppose to comfortable, they are comforting!"
    Clint Smith

14. BlackMike

BlackMike Indifferent...

Well gents, I sold a couple things and got some cash together quicker than anticipated, and Im going to be buying a G30 within a couple weeks now. WOOHOO

15. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

16. specop

specop

Kimbers? Nice guns. Reliable? Yeah...for the most part. But for the greenback you throw on a new Kimber,,,man, I could have picked up a used G21, G30 and G36; plus the life saving reliability of the Glocks which is priceless.

17. Adam Thiel

Adam Thiel

I like the old style G21s without the finger grooves. I have a new G20 for which I am seriously thinking about removing the finger grooves. I carry down my waistband at the 1:30 position, and when I fast draw the gun, my fingers invariably land on the raised points of the finger grooves, and I must then adjust my grip to get a good hold. Not good in a life and death, in your face, STHTF scenario. Simpler is always better.

18. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I agree Adam, I have a 20 and 21 w/out finger grooves and thier my favorites.The finger grooves don't bother me as bad on the 17 and 19, but if I did not use them for competition, off with the raised points!

19. BlackMike

BlackMike Indifferent...

LOL, man I understand the point that Kimbers can be expensive, but $610 + tax bucks that I paid for the brand new Kimber could hardly get me three used Glocks;f

But yeah, the Kimber was mainly a "for fun" purchase, Im going to the gun store day after tomorrow and picking up a G30 or G36. Ill post a pic when I get back.:)

20. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

I don't understand what you mean by keeping them all single action. Do you have a P210? Otherwise the other Sigs are DA/SA or DAO and are not single action in the same way a 1911 is. You come to the big dawgs club to ask this question so you already have the answer in mind, but getting both if you can will not harm anything.