close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock optics mount

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sly_C, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

Who makes a good optics mount for mounting a red dot to a Glock race gun? Looking for something for a G30. One that isn't too expensive by the way. Can they be found for $40-50?

2. fatcat01

fatcat01

Nope. No such thing as a "quality" $50 mount.
    The popular ones seem to be the Carver mount which utilizes the frame rails (only on 3rd gen frames) or an SJC which may need a hole drilled into the frame (not sure, but that's what I deduce from picures)

3. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

well i don't plan on actually racing with it, just something for some fun at the range. would something like THIS be a waste of money even just for fun and not competition?

4. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

That is the Mako brand mount. I am not certain of the quality, but it looks ok in the photos. List price is only $44.95

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

[​IMG]

5. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

The Mako scope mounts are an excellent value when compared to the cost of other mounts at 3x to 5x the price. We stock them and have sold hundreds. The only complaints we ever received were regarding the original mounts trigger pin/screw were not long enough to fit the G20/G21 pistols. That small problem has been resolved.

If your looking for an affordable mount the Mako is an excellent place to start!

6. gary newport

gary newport

Okay, JR, can you recommend an "economy" red dot to go with the Mako mount--something that works well, is reasonably durable but at a lower price than a C-More or other high-end red dot? In short, an "economy" red dot and mount package for someone interesting in trying out the concept without investing half-a-Glock's-worth of money in the deal.

(I don't even like "raceguns" or optics on pistols, but there is this informal Saturday night steel shoot where a couple of shooters with 1911 raceguns regularly beat me and my iron-sighted Glocks. I don't worry about the guys with iron-sighted Les Baers, but these racegun guys need taking down a peg or two! :cool: )

7. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

awesome, I think I am going to order one of these very soon for my G30, I think it would be great to play with. I am glad to hear that the G21 problem has been fixed as well. Can't wait to hear JR's suggestion for an affordable red dot.

by the way, JR, this is Chris, can't wait to see some better pics of the Lone Wolf refinishing in OD Green.