close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock optics mount?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KY23, May 21, 2003.

1. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Which optics mount is best for a Glock? I am looking for something that does not force me to drill a hole or alter my Glock in any way. This mount would be used with a holo sight with a weaver base.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

In all honesty the Carver mount is the mount for Glocks. It sits low and offers a rigid base for your scope. There is also a Hunter model that allows leaving the stock sights on your Glock. And it comes in colors. You can get them from Bobby Carver, Matt at Custom Glock or me.

My unlimited with a red Carver mount, weaver style.

4. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Has anyone here used a Kobra sight on their Glock? I have one on my AR and love it. It is alittle bigger than some others but the sight is very clear.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The Carver Mount is the Best mount on the market.

6. Clem

Clem

The only mount worthy of consideration is the Carver. Great product, great price, great guarantee from a great guy. What more does anyone need? Tony & Donna

7. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Does the Carver mount fit compact glocks like the Glock 23? They don't list any compact models on their sight.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It should fit if your G23 has accessory rails.

9. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Get a carver mount and you want be sorry. I have the aimpoint model on my gun, with a 7 min. dot aimpoint scope and love the way it sets low on the gun.
    The only modification you may have to do to your gun is lower the ejection port,other that, no more mods.

10. GJM89

GJM89

Aha,another Bobsleder.:cool: :cool: :cool:

11. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

And without the snow.:) :) :cool: ;f ;Q ;E

12. GJM89

GJM89

Ahhhh, there in lies the magic of a true Bobsleder.;f ;f ;f

13. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

14. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

15. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

16. bushmaster225

bushmaster225

17. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

It's basically the same as the THE mount. It's only supported on one side and you get a lot of dot shake with it. The THE is what most of us were using before going to the Carver mount.

18. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

While I'm not shooting GSSF, the Carver mount is still the best mount around to use with a Glock.

That said, the THE mount works just fine if that is in your budget.

More than just a few GSSF matches have been won with a THE mount and still could be with the right operator. Remember, you can't buy results.;f

19. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I went with a T.H.E. mount over the Carver because I didn't want to have to remove the sights from my slide in order to use the mount. I'd like to be able to swap uppers and not have to worry about removing/replacing sights.

If you are going to set up one frame and one upper, the Carver is probably the way to go. Of course, I understnad Bobby is making a modle that fits above the sights. I might have to get one for my G20.

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Jakk -

You are correct about the new Carver mount... it's called the "Hunter" model. I just recently bought one and put it on my Glock 21 and it's just like you said. I can remove the slide w/ the iron sites still on and use the upper on another frame to shoot other disciplines such as IDPA, USPSA, etc.

I had a THE mount and it worked well as TJC said. However, I had a unique problem with THE mount... during the last stage of an USPSA Area match, the pin sheared and my THE mount and my $$$ C-More scope slid entirely off my Glock 17 into the gravel... I finished the COF with my iron sites and as soon as I unloaded, cleared and holstered... I yelled "DON'T ANYONE MOVE!!!... I've got my C-More on the ground - please DON"T STEP on it!" Fortunately, the optics was unharmed even though it was dropped on rocky soil!

Of course, I can't blame THE Accessories for this... I believe I caused the problem by not tightening the pin (screw) that goes through the frame tight enough. This can cause the pin to shear. TJC and Jim C. gave me advice on this which I was grateful.

The Carver design has a locking lug that uses the slot on the dustcover of 3rd Gen Glock frames thereby locking the mount as a secondary safety feature. This keeps the mount and your expensive optics from hitting the ground in the event the main pin shears (this has never happened on any of my Carver mounts). With the Hunter mount, you can use the iron sites if your scope goes bad or if you just desire to switch over.

I have not seen the new THE mount lately, perhaps they have changed their design from the original one that I had.

Like TJC said, either mount will serve you well... it's comes down to personal preference and perhaps your budget.

I would like to add that I very much prefer my Carver mounts to THE Acessories mount.

Regards,
    LoveGlocks

*** Edited my explanation of the locking lug... it does not "screw" into the slot of the lightrail on 3rd Gen Frames, as I original wrote... rather it fits into the slot and bolts onto the Carver mount with two bolts. Sorry to mis-communicate the first time around...