close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock OEM front night sight?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jimmy, Dec 17, 2006.

1. jimmy

jimmy Millennium Member

At the local gunshop yesterday, I saw two new G22's with Glock brand night sights. In both of the front sights, the tritium vial appeared to be angled downward. This made the front sight look dimmmer than the rear sight. It also put the brightest point of the front sight off-center in the dot.

Is there a (good) reason for making the front sight this way? IOW, why not just center the vial in the dot?

2. PP914

PP914

We have the Glock NS's on our G22's and, looking at mine, I have no idea what you're talking about. Mine are centered and level, both independently of and when aligned with the rear sight. More than likely, the sights you saw are either "defective" from the factory or it was just the lighting/angle at which you looked at them.

3. elector

elector Millennium Member

Jimmy, I don't know the answers to your questions, but I've seen the same thing you describe on a Glock front nite site blade. And, yes, it did effect the brightness of the site, because the vial was not directed at the shooter's eye. I personally think it is a defect, but it sounds like a number of them are out there.

4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

It's a defect.

The OEM night sights on my G21 are Meprolights, and they are finely made, with none of what you describe.

--Ray

5. sageflyfish

sageflyfish

I have the same deal on my G23

6. jimmy

jimmy Millennium Member

Sageflyfish, do you find it interferes with using the sights, or is it a non-issue? I'm considering getting one of the G22's I was looking at, but the night sights add to the price and I don't want to buy a problem.

TIA.

7. PP914

PP914

If you think the sight is defective, point it out to the counter guy and see if they'll replace the sight for you. (I would not want to buy a pistol that is "defective" off the shelf. If you really want the pistol and the shop won't work with you, buy it and return the slide to GLOCK for replacement of the sight(s).