close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock OEM 3.5# Connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RangerAv8r, Feb 20, 2007.

1. RangerAv8r

RangerAv8r

Are these still the hot ticket? I tried a LWD 3.5 and didn't feel much difference from stock. Anyway, I think I found some very inexpensive OEM's. I've ordered and will let you know.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl3neco.html

2. gtmoe

gtmoe

The LWD 3.5lb connector is significantly softer than a stock 5lb connector. Perhaps you already had the OEM 3.5lb connector?

Either way this is a great deal for a OEM 3.5lb connector. The LWD 3.5lb is actually closer to a true 3.5lb pull compared to the OEM connector.

You can't go wrong with either the OEM or the LWD.

3. RangerAv8r

RangerAv8r

No markings so I know it's a 5. I've polished all the metal to metal and the stock is decent I was just looking for a little more. The LWD has some friction points (it's not as smooth as my stock 5) and I am having trouble isolating them. Dan at LWD said send it back and they'll figure out the problem. By the way, LWD is a great company to do business with.
    M

4. Joe Mamma

Joe Mamma

Glock OEM 3.5 is the way to go.

Joe Mamma

5. shooter_55

shooter_55 Old Guy

How hard are they to install?

6. RangerAv8r

RangerAv8r

E-A-S-Y. Get a Glock Disassembly Tool (or another 3/32 punch) and follow the instructions in the link. It's fun learning and everyone should be familiar with how their gun functions. However, if you goof something up or think you will have a gunsmith show you what to do. Lone Wolf Distributors also has a great book available called the Complete Glock Reference Guide that helps you get to know your pistol.

http://www.parts.cc/glock/disassembly/

7. LA 11/95

LA 11/95

If you don't mind...are those connectors universal in all of the glock models. I have a model 34 with a 3.5 and was thinking of dropping it in my model 21.

8. RangerAv8r

RangerAv8r

All Glocks can take all Glock style connectors. I prefer OEM but have heard guys praise other brands. If you plan to shoot GSSF and are changing connectors you need OEM as I understand.
    M

9. sjz

sjz

I just put a LWD 3.5 in my G17. I did some polishing with a Dremel type tool.

I don't really know if this was happening before or not, but...

When you slowly pull back the trigger,it seems to catch and snap a little right before you get into the resistance at the end of the trigger pull just before it releases.

Anyone feel this? I haven't had a chance to try and figure out what exaclty is happening.

10. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

I thought the new LWD were already polished and plated from the factory?

11. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

I found a noticeable difference in stock Glock 35 trigger (fairly light) and stock Glock 21 trigger (noticeably heavier, although certainly useable)

For competition, 3.5 connector rules!

12. h_2_o

h_2_o

OK if someone could explain this to me it would be appreciated. what does this part exactly do, and why would it benefit me in any way/shape/form with my glock?

13. h_2_o

h_2_o

i believe i got it now, interesting, is 3.5 the lowest weight you can go on a trigger weight, also is there any heavier than 5?

14. 10mm4ever

10mm4ever 10mm Pusher

While you're at it, try out a NY1 trigger spring with a well polished, oem 3.5 connector. I finally tried this out, and will never go back to the stock spring again. It really smoothens out the pre-travel and all but eliminates that two stage trigger feeling.:thumbsup:

15. RangerAv8r

RangerAv8r

I sent my LWD 3.5 back for the same reason. I provided the link for the BEST price Glock OEM 3.5 out there. It works well.
    M

16. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:upeyes: Really? Sounds like you might have your trigger return spring in backwards? Should be installed in the exact shape of an, 'S'. Is your FP safety clean and free of nicks?

I've got two exact Glock pistols. One has a Glock factory 3.5# connector; the other has a new Lone Wolff 3.5# (skeletonized) connector. Both are highly polished. The Glock connector produces a pull weight of 5.2#'s; the Lone Wolf yields 4.9#'s. (This is with Wolff, '+ power' trigger return and FP springs - OK.)

Because of the raised angle, a certain amount of increased front-end slack is normal with all 3.5# connectors. Glock makes a very good 3.5# connector; however, it seems to me that Lone Wolf's new 3.5# connector has the, 'edge' and is the better of the two. ;)

[​IMG]

To answer the question: Yes, there are lighter connectors; but, now you've opened up a real, 'can of worms'. There are safety and reliability issues related to the use of lighter springs and connectors. Me? I wouldn't do it - Not in a carry pistol, or not at the range, either. ;)

For the people who want to learn about connectors:

http://ghostinc.zoovy.com/c=FsmIMGZW4l97cAtIAYvDZKKzv/category/istallationinstructions/

With the, 'old' LWD 3.5# connectors - Yes. With the, 'new' LWD (skeletonized) 3.5# connectors, No! (Just can't see this happening with such a thin, light, and slightly undersized connector.) In order for this to be true, there'd have to be something wrong with your Glock. Are you sure you put the pistol back together again, correctly?

Anyway, you got your money back; so you should be happy! ;)

17. B+Shooter

B+Shooter Last Man Out!

Lube between the connector/trigger bar. I like TLB-25 for friction parts. I got the same thing, and once lubed, it went back to the original 3.5# pull

18. 10mm4ever

10mm4ever 10mm Pusher

While you're at it, try a NY1 trigger spring with the 3.5 connector.:thumbsup:

19. sjz

sjz

What makes the LWD 3.5 - "skeletonized"?

I just received the LWD 3.5 and confirmed with LWD when I ordered it that it is the latest version. But it isn't "skeletonized"- whatever this means. It looks like the picture above?

20. Pat S

Pat S Millennium Member

If you compare your LWD to the pictures of the connectors above you will see some material has been removed from the middle portion and it will be narrower there then the OEM product.

Pat S.