close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock not ejecting

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sy2k, Mar 1, 2004.

1. sy2k

sy2k

I put 110 rounds through my 26 yesterday using 115 gr. PMC and Winchester target rounds, and a few Pro-Load 124 gr. +P gold dots. Here's the problems I had (one or both per magazine): Failure-to-eject, and failure to feed. The magazines are under a year old and the gun was clean going into the session. Also, when it did cycle, the brass was being weakly ejected - it continually hit me in the shoulder or head.

I'm taking it to a local armorer today, but I was just wondering what you guys thought was wrong...Thanks.

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Have you made any changes to the weapon lately? Kind of sound like a weak ammo. situation. First thing I would try is to either change ammo or use a lighter recoil spring especially since you said the cases were ejecting very short distances. Then you can move on from that point. Also be sure you have a firm grip.--JJ

3. sy2k

sy2k

no, I haven't made any recent changes to the gun. It's stock, except for night sights, including the recoil spring. I thought it was weak ammo - which is why I tried the different ammo. The Pro-Loads are quite hot, and those wwere ejecting poorly, too. I think the feed issues were probably due to the problems with ejection. I considered that I might be limp wristing - so I shot each of my buddies' weapons, including a .40 Sig pro, a 9mm beretta (with the same PMC ammo), a .45 Springfield 1911, and a Glock 20. I didn't have problems with any of those weapons...I'm definitely bummed. I think it's probably the ejector spring? (i'm not real mechanically inclined!).

-sy

4. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Gonna have to agree with you there because there's no such part. ;)
    Anyway, I guess it could be the ejector itself. What exactly happened when you had those FTE's and FTF's? In other words, did the cases get extracted from the chamber O.K. but just not make it all the way outside the ejection port, I.E. a stovepipe? During the FTF's did the bullet get hung up on the feed ramp or was the slide just not quite all the way into battery, etc, etc. Try to get a bit more specific. BTW, If you could shoot the G20 with no problems, I'm having a hard time believing in the limpwristing theory in this case.--JJ

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

in your ejector it can build up and not be all that visable.

6. sy2k

sy2k

Extractor? ;)

The bullets were usually hung up on the feed ramp. On one occasion the empty casing wasn't even extracted out of the barrel. No stovepipes. Another time, the slide wasn't fully into battery. The rest of the time, the brass was just hitting me in head.

7. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

The above 2 quotes sound like a weak recoil spring.
    That sounds like too strong of a recoil spring.
    And that of course sounds like a bad extractor.

Odd bunch of symptoms that almost seem contradict each other in some cases. Have you tried a vertical slide test? I'm still sticking with a lack of limpwristing due to your shooting the 10mm Glock without a hiccup. I'd definitely be looking at the extractor at least. Doesn't really account for some of your other problems but if you're having spent cases left in the chamber, you about have to start there.--JJ

8. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

When you load it, do you put a round in the chamber and then let the slide slam shut on it? If you do, you may have broken the extractor, which can cause occasional failures to eject.

;?

9. sy2k

sy2k

I only load from the magazine. I have to make one correction - I thought about it and the slide did go into battery always but the other symptoms all apparently suggest different problems. The local armorer will be able to look at it tommorrow, at which point I'm going on a short vacation. I'll report back what he says next week. Thanks for your replies. -sy

10. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The fact that you might not have limprwristed the other pistols named is irrelevant to this discussion...for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, could be that you just need to detail strip the slide and make sure that there's no crud under the extractor. Make sure that there's no solvent or oil left in either the striker channel or extractor plunger channel.