close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock nightsights suck

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Los Suenos, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Los Suenos

Los Suenos JSC

I bought my first Glock that came with nightsights and I wish I had'nt. I always put them on myself before. I use ameriglo, meprolight and trijicon on my other Glocks. First, these feel plastic. Second, they are not very bright and the front sights bulb does'nt look centered in the housing. I field stripped it to see how it was held on and it's staked! They charged me $30 more than Glocks without the nightsights. I should have saved my $30 and ordered another set of ameriglos. Save yourself the trouble and don't buy your Glocks with the crappy factory nightsights. I'll update this thread when my front sight falls off.

2. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

I prefer Glock Night sights because they use a clear coating over the white outline. So your white outline does not disappear like on other sights once they get dirty or carried for a while. ALso the Glock Night Sights on my 26 are as bright as any sight I ever had from Trijicon or Meprolight.
    Pat

3. TimC

TimC Uhavthecontrols

Posted in error...

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Me too, as I have NO IDEA what the hell he is talking about.

Pretty soon Biggie Bro is gonna require breathalysers attached to our computers.

'Drew

5. Dingus

Dingus

No, it's just that you do not like them. Is it your nature that anything you dislike Sucks? If so, that is sad.:upeyes:

6. cmcinc

cmcinc

I dont have any problems with the ones on my G27. They are very bright.

7. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

You need to be more expressive and learn to open up with us. :rofl: :animlol: :supergrin: :thumbsup: ;)

8. Forby

Forby

I trashed my MMC's in favor of the Glock sights!!!

They are metal and yes they are staked on. Staked on metal sights are IMHO stronger that screw on types. Don't assume that because plastic front sights can break off that all staked on are delicate.

Screw on sights seem to be a compromise to allow users to install them easily.

Also, the Glock sights seem a bit lower in profile and not as bulky as most.

I wish Glock would add the outline on the rear sight!

9. Jackyl

Jackyl

I prefer Meps, but aside from those I like the Glock NS a LOT. Only complaint is the front vial sits at an angle in the housing so it's not as bright. (Not off centered, but angled.)

10. RayB

RayB Retired Member

The OEM Meps on my 2005 G21 are the brightest night sights I have.

While the front sight is staked on, it has held fast in over 7500 rounds, and there is no whacky angle to it.

--Ray

11. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits Not Again.....

Have always loved the factory sights on my G19.

12. nugun55

nugun55

I have no complaints about the Glock nightsights on my G27. Mine are very bright. Definitely metal as opposed to plastic. They're also right on the money, as far as accuracy.

13. Blue Duck

Blue Duck Just this guy

Don't care for the front sight attachment method either. Have not seen one fail yet, still just don't like the idea. Maybe ten years down the road and nothing but glowing results (no pun intended ;) ) I'll trust them.

14. sigdeputy

sigdeputy

Does anyone know who actually makes the Glock Night Sights? I just bought a new Glock 22 yesterday with them installed. The dealer told me they were made by Trijicon, for Glock, under contract. I don't know whether that was just BS or fact. They seem as bright as the others I've used - Trijcon, Meps, Ameriglo and TFO's. I like them all. I was planning to buy TFO's (like on my G27), but they only had 1 Glock 22 left, and it had the factory night sights. I guess time will tell...

15. Jackyl

Jackyl

Glock uses Meps vials in their own housings. Only thing I don't like about them is that they are quite yellow (in daylight) compared to true Meprolights.

16. freddie0284

freddie0284

i'm happy with mine,thats nice right there...and also the dealer who installed my glock night sights said they are Trijicon made for glock...and in the blue book trigicon,Meprolight,and glock night sight...will raise the value of you gun... :wavey:

17. Philipp2

Philipp2

My 23C came with standard Glock night sights. The front one appears to be screwed on - very thin bolt head underneath. They are very bright and show up well in a darkened room. At least until I turn on the Glock Light !!!

18. PP914

PP914

As stated, GLOCK NS's are manufactured with Meprolite's vials, not Trjicons. And they are (currently) staked, not screwed on.

19. Jackyl

Jackyl

FYI, Glock does (or at least use to) also offer Trijicons from the factory, but these were special order not standard NS.

20. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

The ones on my G27 are bright and work great.

Maybe you got a lemon?