close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Night Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SeriouslySig, Apr 5, 2007.

1. SeriouslySig

SeriouslySig

Does anyone know who manufactures the night sights on a Glock Model 27? Also, what is the stated lifetime for Glock's night sights.

Thanks In Advance!

2. kswiss2783

kswiss2783

I think they are Trijicons. Half life of 12 years I do believe.

3. rocco123

rocco123

Correct, at the very least Trijicon tubes/inserts, if not the whole site. I had heard that they were mepros at some point, but I haven't seen a new Glock with factory mepros.

4. jodaanja

jodaanja

If I was to buy a set of night sites, Should I get Mepro or Trijicon?

Opinions please.

5. marinr

marinr

I bought Meprolights at a GSSF match last year. I don't like them. The dot on the front sight is the same size, shape, and color as the two dots on the rear sight.

I received and installed Ameriglo sights today; I don't know yet how I like them. The front sight blade is narrower than most other sights; the front dot is green while the two rear dots are yellow.

I like a sight system that emphasizes the front sight and makes it easy to distinguish from the rear sight.

6. jedi573

jedi573

From what I understand, there are three types of night sights you'll generally see on Glocks: the Glock brand (regarding who makes the vials themselves I'm not sure, but the sights are Glock I believe), Meprolight, and Trijicon.

I have the Glock-brand night sights on my Glock 17 and don't really care for them. Compared to the Trijicon ones on my XD, the Glock night sights' white outlines are fuzzy, dark, and indistinct. The sight picture is a lot more crisp on the Trijicon version. Well worth the extra ~$20 in my opinion.

Andy

7. chemboy

chemboy

Trijicons, all the way,IMO!
    :thumbsup:

8. barbrady59

barbrady59

Not to tick off alot of Meprolight and Trijicon fans, but I have gone against the advice of many Glock owners in my circle and have experimented with Ameriglo Sights. For a concealed carry gun like the 27, Ameriglo manufactures "operator" three dot sights that utilize narrower front blades and a wider rear notch. Acquiring the front sight for me has been enhanced, and I have terrible eyes. I know many will say that precision shooting suffers, but on a good day, I can maintain a pretty tight group. Plus, they install easy!

9. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Having owned all the above-mentioned sights, except AmeriGlo, I can submit that they are all quality-made and effective.

I agree with Andy that the Trijicons are better range sights than the Meps, but the Meps are brightest, and make very good, rugged, combat sights.

My Dawson Precision Adj Rear, Front FO set on my G17 are the best target sights I have; and they really taught me something, as did a Sig Equinox I was drooling over. I agree with marinr; AmeriGlo Operator in yellow/green are next for me too, for all the reasons he states.

--Ray

10. sam815

sam815

I just had Sevigny Competition Sights installed on my Glock 34 and should have them in the next day or so. Had the fiber optic front installed, the set was $75 and had them installed by Chris Patty. He can be found at www.cpswa.com. Great guy and fellow shooter (USPSA/IDPA Master)

11. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

Was trijicon, but I heard MeproLight was now doing work for Glock. I have meps on mine anyway.

12. glock_2007

glock_2007

Meprolights - Orange rear, Green front. The green seems to stand out and fall on target quicker with the orange rear.

13. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

If you want the highest quality, get a Warren Tactical or Sevigny Night sights. I just ordered the two dot version with Trijicon tritium lamps.

14. marinr

marinr

Well, I got a chance to see how I liked the Amerigo sights.

1. I love the narrow front sight blade, and I don't understand how accuracy could suffer because of it. At 17 yds that big blob of Meprolight front sight covers a lot of target. Ameriglo's narrow blade covers up less target and allows me to shoot more precisely.

2. I have rethought the green/yellow thing. Ameriglo mis-labeled the package my sights came in, and I got three green dots. I called Dave at Glockparts and he readily agreed to exchange the rear sight. Then I started thinking about the color contrast, and wondered if green/yellow is enough. Dave is shipping me a Meprolight orange rear sight to go with my Ameriglo thin green front sight. I'm really anxious to see how this works out.

15. SeriouslySig

SeriouslySig

Previous Poster:

Let us know how the various colors work out in terms of sight/target acquisition....particularly in the dark. I am sure lots of us would like to find out...but without spending too much of our own money. LOL

16. glock_2007

glock_2007

I think you will enjoy the orange/green combo. Good luck & keep us informed on how it works out for you.