close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Night Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gunmeister, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Gunmeister

Gunmeister

Tried this on GT's search engine, no luck.
    How do Glock night sights compare to other brands like Mep Pros, Ameri-Glo and others? I'm curious about longivity and brightness.
    Thanks, JW

2. boze2043

boze2043

I have Glock night sights on 3 of my guns. My G31C has had them for about 2 years and they are still very bright. In fact I just had a set installed on my G26 about 3 months ago and they are as bright as my older G31C sights. Allot of people don't like the Glock night sights because the front sight is staked on and people have said they come loose and move but mine are still tight. Glock gets their inserts from Meprolight and warranty the sights for 15 years from date of purchase.

I don't have any experience with Meprolight but since the insert is the same as what’s in my Glock sights I can say they are bright and I like the white outline around the tube for daylight shooting. I have heard these are the screw on type front sight

No experience with Trijicons lately but I did have a set on my S&W 4006 many years ago and did not like them. No white outline around the tube for daylight shooting but this might have changed since then.

I want to try the fiber optic/night sight front sight on my G21. Allot of people have said good things about them. Can't remember who makes them. Someone will jump in with the manufacturer name.

In my opinion the $57 + tax I paid was well spent.

3. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

TFO's. go on glockmeister and look them up boze or wait a sec and ill do it

4. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

5. Romeo

Romeo

I have Trijicon's on my G23 and love them. They do have a white outline as well.

6. Gunmeister

Gunmeister

Thanks to those who replied.
    I'm looking for a comparison not a recommendation.
    Thanks again, JW

7. G17Collector

G17Collector Original "G"

I have a G26 with Glock OEM night sights (2002, green/green) and I have Meps on my HK USP .45 (2005, orange rear, green front).

The Glock OEMs are the same brightness. They have maintained birghtness for the 4 years I've had them.

The HK Meps have a bright front sight and a dimmer rear. I prefer these.

8. Warhorse

Warhorse

Yep! Glock staked on front sights WILL shoot themselves loose. It's only a matter of time.

9. G17Collector

I'm not so sure about that. I have yet to loose mine on the G26 after 4 years of hard use.

However, I would *prefer* the screw on type.

10. Jakemug

Jakemug

I've got Tru-Dots on my G17 and G23. I've got the Glocks on my G27. Granted, the Glock sites are newer, but they are much brighter than the Tru-Dots and are more visible during daylight. Don't know anything about the front site coming loose, but for the money I don't see how you could go wrong with the Glock sites. I took my G27 to Glock a month ago and they installed them for 60 bucks.

11. Grayson

Grayson

The Meps are looking more and more attractive...

But I still wonder (waiting on my 1st Glock), do you need a Gunsmith to install them or can I do it myself?

12. G17Collector

The Glock OEM sights require a special staking tool to install the front sight. It is best to have a local Glock armorer do it, or you can send the pistol to Glock and have them do it.

Meps can be done by yourself. Just make sure you have a 3/16" nut driver, a vise and a fine file. A sight pusher is best, but you don't *need* one for the rear sight.

For the money, and user serviceability, I'd go with Meps. If you go with Meps, I also suggest getting contrasting colors (orange/green or yellow/green).

13. boze2043

boze2043

Never mind I just remembered that Glock no longer sells Meprolight sights.

14. G17Collector

Unless something has changed, Glock OEM night sights are Mep tubes in Glock housings.

15. boze2043

boze2043

Nothing has changed, they are still made with Mep inserts. I was about to suggest he order his new Glock with Mep sights installed at the factory then I remembered Glock quit selling Meps and now only offer Glock and Trijicon night sights as options on new guns.