close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Night Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cheezeit9, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Cheezeit9

Cheezeit9

I am wanting to get some night sights but can't decide on which ones to get. I like the Ameriglo Ghost Ring sights from Topglock.com. I don't want adjustable sights though, just the non-adjustable. Suggestions?

2. Shooter Ready?

Shooter Ready?

I can recommend the Ameriglo Operator sights. Very nice sights.

3. Cheezeit9

Cheezeit9

I think I am going to go with the Meprolight sights. Should I get the all green sights, or go with the ones that have either yellow or orange in the rear and the green up front? Im guessing the two different colors make it easier to bring the gun up and put it on target.

4. Fivethumbs

Fivethumbs

What exactly are ghost rings good for? Are they quicker on target? What are the cons?

5. Postal Patron

Postal Patron

I hear fixed sights are the only way to go. Won't be doing any match shooting at night. If you want accuracy, get adjustable daytime sights. At night, you want rugged.

I thinh having a different color front sight might make target acquisition quicker. A little. Otherwise all same is still sufficient, beats no night sights.

I think for basic pistol needs, and necessity of holstering, a ghost ring would not be necessary. Am I correct? Would a ghost ring impair holstering?

6. SCHunter

SCHunter

Is the height on the front and rear sight about the same as the stock Glock sights? Did you see much of an improvement in your shooting?

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The ring is the rear sight; not likely to interfere with holstering. Ghost rings are quicker than "conventional" sights for me. I also find their accuracy acceptable.

8. Glock2336

Glock2336 Senor Member

1.Yes
    2. Haven't installed them yet but I'll compare them with the CGR Heinie's that are being replaced