glock night sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billy b, Jun 9, 2020.

1. billy b

billy b

I just picked up a G19 G5 FS. it has the plastic sights. looking to get a set of night sights for it. I have a G45 with amer-glos. not overly impressed with those. looking at glocks own night sights. never had a glock with those. are they good or ? looking for opinions on them. I think they are green ? where is the best place to get them, if I decide to get them. thanks for any advice on them. also looking at night fusion.

2. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Glock night sights work fine. Nothing fancy, durable and serviceable. I have them on four pistols (G22, G27, G20, G19X) I like them because they look familiar to the sight picture provided by the sights on an old duty pistol I carried for years before retiring. My criticism of them would be that I would like a bit more daylight between the front and rear to allow my older eyes to pick up the front sight faster.

You can buy GNS from Glock on-line and from some dealers. Also Brownells, MidwayUSA, etc stock them and other brands as well. Down the road I am going to look at Ameriglo sights as well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020

3. amd65

amd65

I bought a police surplus G22 that came with Glock night sights, and I like them.
    Best place to get them is Glock. Send them your slide, and they will put them on for you, pretty cheap.

4. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

I like the Glock night sights a lot. They are super bright and yes, they are green. What don't you like about the Ameriglo sights out of curiosity? For me, stock hight gen 5 sights shoot low. On both my 19X and my G45 I use the 6.5mm GNS which is listed for Gen 1-4...

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-night-sight-set.html

5. Shadowman1433

Shadowman1433

I have Glock night sights on all my Glocks and like them, but I recently switched out the front sight for an Ameriglo sight with the orange outline. It gives me a good contrast between the white dots on the rear sights and the orange on the front. It makes it much easier for me to pick up the front sight quickly.

rock_castle likes this.
  6. Spartan24

Spartan24

I have had GNS on some of my Glocks but I’ve since switched to Ameriglo Afents and Trijicon HD XRs. I love the color outline front sight and U-notch.
    GNS are functional and a step up from the factory plastic sight but there are a lot better options. However, if you send your slide in empty to Glock, they’ll replace all the parts and install sights. I’ll admit, that is by far the best bang for your buck.

7. Scouse

Scouse

Ameriglo sights I ordered from the factory, on my Glock 43X my Security G-lic gave me the reduced price.
    Even tho the rear sight was mounted dead centre of the slide, it shot to point of aim! Any aftermarket night sights that I fitted in the past had to be mounted a bit to the right in order to shoot to POA.
    These sights were manufactured for Glock, specifically. Love the red circled front sight, all green Luminus dots are very bright.

8. rock_castle

rock_castle Enjoys liberal temper tantrums & hissy fits

Ameriglo Agents are the way to go. Better than the OEM night sights. I swapped out two sets of OEM for Agents and I'm very happy with them. Definitely worth a few extra bucks.

9. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I like the Ameriglo sights more too. They also appear to be a bit bigger than the Glock factory sights. I would have bought a 19x if they had an option for Ameriglo sights, like the other models do.I'm not gonna pay for night sights 2x on the same gun

rock_castle likes this.
  10. tango44

tango44

If you want something really nice and 100% efficient go with Trijicon Hd´s!

FireMedic-50, Gfive45 and dbuck47 like this.
  11. MeatGrinder

MeatGrinder

I prefer the OEM Glock night sights.
    I like the sight picture in daylight.

12. 87'vette

87'vette

I have two (G27, G29) with factory night sights. They are fine. If you want really good day/night go with the truglo tfx, ftx..... My G20 has the TFX. WAY better.

13. GCF

GCF

Ameriglo Agents on my G19 gen5. Low profile, & w/ the wide u notch, great sight picture.

14. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Night sights are a waste of time and money. Get a set of High visibility sights.

Zerodefect likes this.
  15. billy b

billy b

I felt the ameriglos were not very bright. my night sights on my sigs, put them to shame.

16. Mike-M

Mike-M

It seems to me that night sights have all their value for twilight self-defense and no value at all for range games. What then is the point of expensive fancy colorful night sights unless one imagines he'll be shooting for tighter groups on some darkened bad guy. That seems laughable to me.

Glock OEM night sights are available in four different elevations. They are inexpensive but high-quality, simple, and sturdy sights for both day and twilight use. What more is necessary?

https://store.teamglock.com/glock-night-sights-set-6-5-pkg.html

17. ShipWreck

See, I like the square channel on the Ameriglos better. The Trijicon ones have a curved channel. I had a Wilson rear sight on a Beretta that way, once. I shoot better with the square channel.

18. ShipWreck

Not necessarily true.

I like to get them on all my guns because the bright white circles around the tritium make it easier to see the dots in the DAYTIME - compared to plain white dots that sit in a depression (in the sight). Depending on where the light is at... I can walk around my house, and in some places - I cannot see the white, factory dots at all. Especially when aiming from a dark area into a light area. But, tritium sights solve that, because the white circles around the tritium are flush with the edge of the sights. They are not in a depression like the white dots are.

For example - I've owned a ton of Berettas, and it can be difficult to see those factory white dots in certain situations. I always had night sights installed on every one of them. I always shot much better at the range because it is clearer to see... And even around the house, I see those white circles (around the tritium) clearer as I walk from room to room.

My indoor gun range is pretty dark. But, the target area has a spot light shining on the target. It's not dark enough to see the tritium glow in the sights, but it is too dark to see the white dots when standing in the shadows (being in a dark area, aiming to a light area - as stated above)

I don't mind no circles around the rear tritium... They are close enough to see. But the front dot must have a painted circle, or it is too tough to make out easily standing at that dark range.

In this case - that painted circle is painted orange on the Ameriglos. I also find the Ameriglos are a bit taller around the sight channel, which makes them faster for me to get on target. That's why I like them over the standard Glock sights. You don't really notice the difference unless you hold 2 guns with the different sights next to each other.

19. dbuck47

dbuck47

I had some standard Glock night sights and they were fine. I changed them out for Ameriglo Hackathorns. These have a plain black rear sight with a tritium front with orange outline. The orange helps my old eyes pick up the front in daylight. At twilight, if my presentation is correct, I only see one green dot. The three dot systems blur together for me. I do wish the front was a tad bigger. It is a bit small in the shades of light where the orange doesn’t show.

20. ak103k

ak103k

Im pretty sure Meprolight makes the Glock night sights. Ive had a number of guns with the factory sights, and other than Glocks logo on them, they are identical to the Meprolights I usually put on.

I have a 45 that came with Trijcon night sights on it, and they arent bad either. I actually like the "gaps" you get on the front sight compared to the Mepros, and wish they offered a thinner front or wider back sight. Its not worth the twice the price difference though, and the Mepros work fine.

From what Ive heard, sending the slide to Glock is about the cheapest option. The cheapest Ive found Mepos online has been around $50-55 (I have the tools). I think Glock with do it for you for around $60.

87'vette likes this.