Glock Night Sights VS. Trijicon Night Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tzeigs, Jul 5, 2007.

1. tzeigs

tzeigs

I tried to do a search on this topic but I came up empty handed.

I am going to be purchasing a 30 in the near future. My only minor hold up is this....

What, if any difference is there in the Glock Night Sights vs. the trijicon brand night sights??? I see that the trijicon brand is about $20.00 more than the Glock brand.

Is there any distinct difference or advantage to either or does it just come down to preference??

Thnx much in advance!

2. D. Manley

D. Manley

Practically speaking, probably not much difference in use. IMO, the biggest difference is the OEM sights will be "staked" on as opposed to, the Trij's which are screwed on.

3. klt1986

klt1986

To add to what D.Manley said, the factory Glock night sights show up a little better in the daylight for me. The white outline surrounding the tritium is brighter than the white on the Trijicon's. You may also want to look at Ameriglo night sights. They seem to be reasonably priced and also seem to get good reviews here. I plan to purchase them for my next night sight purchase.

4. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

If Trijicons are ordered as "factory installed" on a new Glock, the Trijicon front is staked, too. Glock hates screws. The Glock-brand sight elements are made by Meprolight and put up in Glock-made hardware. The Glock OEM's have a more corrosion-resistant finish than the Trijicons. I'd go with the Glock-brand sights for that reason. From a technical standpoint, Trijicon sights are more expensive to manufacture. It's the method of mounting the Tritium elements in the sight bodies that increases the cost. One additional benefit to the Glock-brand is that the white outline is a plastic sleeve. On Trijicons, it's paint that can be removed with exposure to cleaner. By contrast, the Trijicon sleeve is metal. Or so I've read.