Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have or have had both which did you prefer and why? Also for anyone that has sent guns into GLOCK for night sights how long was that turn around?

·
Registered
354 Posts
For those that have or have had both which did you prefer and why? Also for anyone that has sent guns into GLOCK for night sights how long was that turn around?
Glock night sights are better for the money. The GNS use the Mepros Tritium inserts. The GNS have a different angle that allow more light on the Tritium inserts and appear brighter.

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:upeyes: I'm waiting for the day when somebody finally posts a thread titled; 'I Just Tried To Actually Use My Night Sights AND, Guess What? All I Could See Was My Brilliantly Glowing Front Sight!'

(Think it'll ever happen!) ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I still don't get it... if it's dark enough for your sights to glow, how can you see the BG? And, you know he'll stand still so you can shoot him... right? :whistling:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Night sights are great for LOW light situations. Not just for pitch black. I can see my night sights glowing with dim light on where I can make out anything in the room. Bring the sights up to a black colored object IE a black shirt, you can't make the sight blades out. ENTER THE NIGHT SIGHT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't think anyone who cannot grasp the practicality of night sights should have a driver's license. Really it is pretty simple people.

·
Politico
1,130 Posts
All this talk about night sights is silly. I just use bullets that are little sharks with laser beams on their heads and they track the target all by themselves!

Anyway...Just got some Mepros put on the 19 today and man...they are way better than Glock in my opinion. If all else fails in a low light/no light shooting situation at least you'll be able to find your gun in the dark :supergrin:

·
Mutant
586 Posts
Seriously ready to do the night sight thing, based on what I've been seeing here at Glock talk, Mepros seem the most often preffered.
Only a matter of setting the needed cash aside for this...
Mounting them myself is what I'd like, but also hear about them falling off.
Worth the extra money to have it done at the shop?
(not to mention the hassle factor depending on how difficult it is)

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Glock factory front night sights are crimped on (not staked like the regular factory front sight)so they are not reusable or transferable. Meps use a hex nut to secure the front sight. Either one is rugged and stable. It's just a question of whether you can be sure you will never want to move the sight.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
After calling around my local shops I found a pair for $79 installed.
That's a good price.

I chose to get the install tools, $117 for the Glock factory rear sight tool and $20 for the Meprolight hex driver. I will probably never make the money back in install charges, but I like being able to fine tune the rear sight and swap sights at will. Also, Glocks are all about doing it yourself so in an emergency you are not dependent on someone who may not be available.

·
Crusty Member
10,925 Posts
Night sights are great for LOW light situations. Not just for pitch black. I can see my night sights glowing with dim light on where I can make out anything in the room. Bring the sights up to a black colored object IE a black shirt, you can't make the sight blades out. ENTER THE NIGHT SIGHT.
Bingo. At a local indoor match I used to shoot, every so often they'd do something "crazy". One time, they set up some flashing light bars, turned off all the regular range lights, and dimly lit the target area. Those without night sights were shooting blind. Those of us with night sights had no problem picking up our sights and hitting the targets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't like the "stake on" attachment of the Glock nite sights, but they are Tennifer finished, whereas regular Trijicons and Meprolights are not. I like the hex head front sight attaching better with red locktite....

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I would recommend Ameriglo night sights. I have night sights on all my Glocks with the exception of a Glock 34. I have shot my guns with night sights in different degrees of darkness and would not want to be without.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
:upeyes: I'm waiting for the day when somebody finally posts a thread titled; 'I Just Tried To Actually Use My Night Sights AND, Guess What? All I Could See Was My Brilliantly Glowing Front Sight!'

(Think it'll ever happen!) ;)
And the point of this post is?...:dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts