Glock night sight questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ramc, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Ramc

Ramc Guest

I am planning on buying a Glock 19 in the near future (my first Glock). I want one with night sights. Would it be best to buy one with factory night sights already installed? Or should I get some night sights put on after purchase? What brand name night are factory Glocks? It would seem cheaper just to buy a Glock with the factory ones already installed or would this be an unwise move. I dont have night sights on any of my gus so this whole night sight thing is new to me. Any feedbak would be great. :headscratch:

2. douglasd

douglasd CLM

Most GLOCK factory night sights are Meprolights, from what I understand, although it depends on the model you buy.

I like TruGlo TFOs, myself, but you can't get them from the factory, so you have to buy standard fixed sights and then change them. However, they're well worth the little extra money, IMO.

They are brighter than most other night sights at night, and VERY MUCH BETTER than ANY other sights in daylight, due to the fiber optics.

However, they're not target sights...not for competition. But for self defense sights, or quick acquisition sights, they can't be beat!

I have them on ALL my GLOCKs and my SIG.

3. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

You're better off buying the gun with them already installed, yes. Especially if you'd be payig a gunsmith's labor to put them on.

Meprolight made the factory sights for a long time, I don't know if they currently do.

Personally, I like narrow front sights and wide rear notches, similar to my competition guns. So my carry gun has Sevigny Comp sights on it. :)

4. Fuerte

Fuerte Cigar?

Since the search feature does not seem to be functioning at the moment, I’ll throw in my two cents.

1) I would advise you to get the night sights installed after you receive your new Glock. Why? Because the factory provides staked-on sights meaning that the front sight does not have a screw. Many have had issues with the staked-on sights coming loose.

2) You will get a myriad of answers concerning night sight brand preferences. I’m sure that others will chime in, but I prefer Heinie 318GRCs “Straight Eight Slant Pros - Race Cut"

http://www.heinie.com/slanteight.php

5. Ramc

Ramc Guest

Thanks for all the quick replies! I will have a lot to think about. I wont be buying my Glock untill October. The gun will be a self-defence gun.....and fun gun, cant wait till October :impatient:

6. TurkeyTrack

TurkeyTrack

Maybe I missed it, but "why" do you think that you need night sights?

;)

7. Ramc

Ramc Guest

Why night sights? One of my jobs is delivering newspapers from 3 am to 5:30 am. It's quiet most of the time, but I have had a few close calls(the worst was a crazy guy charging me with a bottle. In all cases I was able to drive away. I do have a concealed pistol license. Right now I pack a S&W Mod 60. At that time of the morning the light is very poor and I simply can't see my sights.

8. K3XQ

K3XQ Guest