Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Glock, a 37 from Bud’s, at the very good price that’s been discussed here before. I reload other calibers, but now I’m collecting 45 GAP brass.

After reading a bit, I see “drop-in” barrels mentioned. Are there any “drop-in” barrels in other calibers that will fit this 37, thereby making it a different caliber? Will the mags work with different calibers? What all needs to be changed to make it a 9mm, for example?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My understanding is that .40 SW drop in barrels will allow you to fire this round with some modicum of reliability, nothing I would trust my life to.

The reason I say this is there is little for the extractor to grab hold of, it just barely grasps the rim of the .40 cartridge. I doubt it will have anything to grab on a 9mm round.

I believe you would just have to switch the barrel and the mag to fire .40sw or .357 SIG. This is is the case with my XD in .45 GAP.

·
MacGyver
9,302 Posts
Typically when you change calibers, you change the mags, slide, and the barrel over to the new caliber.

In that case just buy a different gun meant for that caliber.

Glocks are not LEGO's. Just because you could, does not mean you should.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Typically when you change calibers, you change the mags, slide, and the barrel over to the new caliber.

In that case just buy a different gun meant for that caliber.

Glocks are not LEGO's. Just because you could, does not mean you should.
In a g20 you can fire 10mm, .40 s&w, .357 SIG, and 9x25.

Just because it wasn't marketed to fire these rounds, doesn't mean you can't.

If you can train with a cartridge for half the price, why not?

g37 + $100 barrel = cheaper than a g21 and g22 together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.