Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Glock, a 37 from Bud’s, at the very good price that’s been discussed here before. I reload other calibers, but now I’m collecting 45 GAP brass.

After reading a bit, I see “drop-in” barrels mentioned. Are there any “drop-in” barrels in other calibers that will fit this 37, thereby making it a different caliber? Will the mags work with different calibers? What all needs to be changed to make it a 9mm, for example?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My understanding is that .40 SW drop in barrels will allow you to fire this round with some modicum of reliability, nothing I would trust my life to.

The reason I say this is there is little for the extractor to grab hold of, it just barely grasps the rim of the .40 cartridge. I doubt it will have anything to grab on a 9mm round.

I believe you would just have to switch the barrel and the mag to fire .40sw or .357 SIG. This is is the case with my XD in .45 GAP.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Call Lone Wolf or KKM and ask if they have, or will have conversion barrels for the GAP guns. Then please let the rest of us in on it, please.

·
MacGyver
8,497 Posts
Typically when you change calibers, you change the mags, slide, and the barrel over to the new caliber.

In that case just buy a different gun meant for that caliber.

Glocks are not LEGO's. Just because you could, does not mean you should.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Typically when you change calibers, you change the mags, slide, and the barrel over to the new caliber.

In that case just buy a different gun meant for that caliber.

Glocks are not LEGO's. Just because you could, does not mean you should.
In a g20 you can fire 10mm, .40 s&w, .357 SIG, and 9x25.

Just because it wasn't marketed to fire these rounds, doesn't mean you can't.

If you can train with a cartridge for half the price, why not?

g37 + $100 barrel = cheaper than a g21 and g22 together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts