Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading so many complaints I just want to say, for all it’s worth, I’ve owned literally dozens of Glocks over the last 25+ years (before the boating accident) and I still to this day have not had a single malfunction. No, they didn’t just sit in a safe…they were shot a lot. I’m sure there must be a little luck in there but Glock has been perfect for me!

Except for night sights and an occasional slide cover plate with an American flag; I have always kept my Glocks stock, well maintained, and used quality manufactured ammo. Glock was the gun that converted this “wheel-gun man” to auto-loaders back in the 90s. I preached about the reliability of revolvers until I started seeing Glock perform VERY WELL in torture tests from many different sources. The rest was history.

For me, Glock is not just my personal protection weapon; it’s my personal perfection weapon...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Dozens of pistols and not a single malfunction is fantastic. It also may be an outlier.

I've been an outlier in the other direction and the worst offender was my own pistol of the one you have pictured above. My G26.5 was a jam-o-matic. I could fire the same ammo from the same lot on the same day through my G26.3 without issue while the Gen5 couldn't get through a single magazine. 500 rounds later and a trip to Smyrna seemed to finally get it sorted out. At that point, however, I had no more trust for that particular pistol. Of the 3 other Glocks I've owned, 2 work/ed fine and another had issues.

Personally, I've had a much better track record with S&W, both the old 3rd gens and the M&P line.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,949 Posts
After reading so many complaints I just want to say, for all it’s worth, I’ve owned literally dozens of Glocks over the last 25+ years (before the boating accident) and I still to this day have not had a single malfunction. No, they didn’t just sit in a safe…they were shot a lot. I’m sure there must be a little luck in there but Glock has been perfect for me!

Except for night sights and an occasional slide cover plate with an American flag; I have always kept my Glocks stock, well maintained, and used quality manufactured ammo. Glock was the gun that converted this “wheel-gun man” to auto-loaders back in the 90s. I preached about the reliability of revolvers until I started seeing Glock perform VERY WELL in torture tests from many different sources. The rest was history.

For me, Glock is not just my personal protection weapon; it’s my personal perfection weapon...

View attachment 822484
I jammed up my python one time. I think I tried to shoot it too fast and failed to let the trigger reset. Anyway the other guy in the gun fight killed me and I came back as a Glock owner.
What sort of ship did you sink, Captain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I haven't had dozens (think I'm pushing around 8) but, each one has been fantastic and I've never had a failure with any of them. IMO, probably the best handgun ever produced!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I’ve also had many Glocks. I’ve had some malfunction in the past. They are a very reliable weapon. I will say this though.. most Glocks that fail have been altered from stock. Aftermarket parts internals and barrels can have a negative impact on reliability. When I see a Glock fail at an IDPA/USPSA match I would bet that the guns have aftermarket parts installed. Most every time I am right.

·
Private side
11,793 Posts
The only issues I’ve had with a stock Glock were ammo related.... as in the ammo failed.... dead primers in some Wolf ammo.

I like the fact that they function with aluminum, steel, brass, factory or reloaded ammo. Parts are cheap, GSSF has a tremendous support system for getting the guns an annual physical to replace worn parts.

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Me too, I trust all of mine, but have had a slide lock spring break in a G-27, and as others have said an occasional ammo related issue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have never had an issue with any of my glocks. I have considered other brands but couldn't bring myself to stray. The reliability just gives me peace of mind.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My only issues have been occasional light primer strikes on Russian ammo (yes, all OEM parts). Otherwise, all mine run like sewing machines.

·
Supports Our Flag
4,143 Posts
Been training and competing (USPSA/IPSC/3gun/Steel) since 1986, with Glocks since 1994.

20-25k Rounds per year for over 25 years and only two malfunctions ever, both being broken trigger springs on a G17 Gen3.

Over the years competition gun trends come and go. But in the end, most serious shooters that leave Glock end up coming back.

The reason is simple...they work.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,743 Posts
Gaston should send you a free Glock after that free marketing for him

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Ive bought a gen 5 26 with factory night sights. Wish i would have held out for ameriglo sights. But it is a great shooting gun. Got 3,800 rounds of various types of ammo out of it. Works perfect, use the 12 round extensions for the mags. Its near perfect in my hands, at least for me. Accurate out to 25 yards too.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The only Glock's I had consistent malfunctions from were the .40 cal models. I see Glock is coming out with a heavier slide Gen5 .40 now so that may fix the issue. Regardless, no more .40 S&W Glocks for me. All the many other Glocks were great.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I just got my Gen III Glock 23 out of storage. I field stripped it & gave it some lube. The results at the camp were superb, reloads & factory ammo. I may move it into rotation as temps cool.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
We are fortunate to live in these times.

The O.P. states he has had zero malfunctions in 25 years.

Understand though there are a number of brands that can probably match this record.

Off the top of my head, I can't recall any malfunctions with Beretta's, Smith and Wesson M&P's, Sig's or CZ's.

Modern manufacturing has really given us some wonderful and reliable products.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Well, I've had some Winchester "White Box" issues a couple times, but yeah, GLOCK pistols are outstanding! Outstanding reliability!
Colt's work well too, but sometimes magazines do weird stuff,- probably "limp-wristing" or flinching is what causes most of that.
I think most malfunctions are probably operator error more than the gun or ammunition.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts