Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using a Glock MOS in competition?
The reason for asking is I am trying to decide if it would be a smart choice to get the G - 35 MOS and use it in both the Limited and Open Divisions in USPSA.

Also with the new MOS Glocks will GSSF create another division or add the MOS to unlimited?

· Ninja
2,786 Posts
It is a good way to get your feet wet in USPSA matches. You will be at a disadvantage in open with lower cap mags.

I bet they just add the MOS to Unlimited. There is already too many divisions.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
It's only about $50 more to get the MOS cut out in the slide. I just got a 34 MOS and am not planning on using the MOS option for 3-gun; however, I have the option of a red dot in the future. The additional price is worth it in my opinion to have that option.

· Registered
8,959 Posts
Plenty of guys run Open Glocks. Most run C-mores with a frame mounted optic. The MOS is not new magic, I have both a Doctor Dot and a Trijicon Red Dot (discounted) mounted on the slide with the adaptors. And it would only be legal in Open, not Limited. The down side to running a G34 in Open is making the power floor of 165,000. You can do it, but it pretty much beats a 9mm to death.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's only about $50 more to get the MOS cut out in the slide. I just got a 34 MOS and am not planning on using the MOS option for 3-gun; however, I have the option of a red dot in the future. The additional price is worth it in my opinion to have that option.
Mountain10mm - with the MOS does it matter if you have regular competition sights I am thinking of getting Taran Tactical Sights will it be a problem if the rear sight overhangs off of the rear of the slide?

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Mountain10mm - with the MOS does it matter if you have regular competition sights I am thinking of getting Taran Tactical Sights will it be a problem if the rear sight overhangs off of the rear of the slide?
I'm not familiar with every class in every shooting event, but the rules I read allow you to change your sights and still remain in production class as long as the sights are 100% mechanical, zero magnification, and the gun still meets the dimension requirements.

· Registered
8,959 Posts
USPSA Production Division allows certain modifications, per Appendix D4, rule 13, no optics, post and notch only. Doesn't matter if its fiber optic, or hangs off the rear of slide as long as the gun fits the box (rule 7). You have much more freedom to modify the gun in Limited and Open, plus you can run extended magazines (+141.25 mm in Limited and 171.25mm in Open). Also magazines are allowed in front versus Production where the holster and magazine type and position are restricted. Guns in the games are not Class based, they are Division based. Class is a skill level determined by shooting Classifiers.

See BrianEnos.com for competition information.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
I would really like to see GSSF offer Stock with Optic and Unlimited divisions. There is a lot more to an all up unlimited gun than just an optical sight.

I would also like to see them offer slides in the official Glock Store so people can have the option of competing in more than one GSSF division with a single gun. If that won't work then make a special run every so often and call them GSSF editions with MOS and non MOS slides. Run your stock divisions, go to the safe area for a slide swap and go back and run unlimited. Take some extra time but sometimes you need to let someone else shoot thru if you are shooting more than two divisions anyway so not really that much.

I personally have no interest in a true unlimited gun with weights, comp, non OEM trigger group, frame mods etc but I do want an MOS Glock.

Reactions: atbarr

· Registered
196 Posts
I would really like to see GSSF offer Stock with Optic and Unlimited divisions. There is a lot more to an all up unlimited gun than just an optical sight.

I would also like to see them offer slides in the official Glock Store so people can have the option of competing in more than one GSSF division with a single gun. If that won't work then make a special run every so often and call them GSSF editions with MOS and non MOS slides. Run your stock divisions, go to the safe area for a slide swap and go back and run unlimited. Take some extra time but sometimes you need to let someone else shoot thru if you are shooting more than two divisions anyway so not really that much.

I personally have no interest in a true unlimited gun with weights, comp, non OEM trigger group, frame mods etc but I do want an MOS Glock.
I agree, you'd think they would add a Division for Carry Optics. I'm in Texas right now, but when I return I'm giving my G21 to Mod1 to install a RMR. I also asked for a piece of metal that I can replace the RMR with, where I can shoot Civilian with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.