Glock MOS and Trijicon RMR

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LasVegasCop, Oct 25, 2015.

1. LasVegasCop

LasVegasCop

I bought a G34 and the Trijicon RMR without first coming to this forum to see if there were any issues. What could possibly go wrong, i mean it's Glock... and Trijicon..
    Turns out that the supplied screws are too long and that there is a spacer plate that runs between $11.00 and $35.00, (depending on where you buy it) required to make up for the screw length. But, guess what? IT'S BACKORDERED indefinitely.
    I called 2 pages of gun and scope shops on the internet and the most common reply was "good luck".

But, I attached a link to a solution on eBay. I tried it and it works perfect.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/171974385141?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Thanks - good to know especially when the Trijicon solution seems to be getting more difficult to get.

3. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker SuperOwner

Trijicon screws can be had at fastenal. Got mine yesterday.

4. ledhed

ledhed

Longer screws can be shortened too.

5. rustynail

rustynail FORR MO

What tread and length??

6. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker SuperOwner

Mine was 6-32x3/8

rustynail likes this.
  7. KenMI

KenMI

The sealing plate that comes with the kit is important to keep moisture and crud out of the bottom of the sight. And, the sealing plate is available separately. Trijicon part #RM63. That should be much easier to find. Amazon had it in stock as of yesterday.

8. JBP55

JBP55

THIS!

9. RMR17

RMR17

I was told the screws in the kit from Glock are too long. Also to use the screws that come with the RMR.Seems to be working for me.

10. KenMI

KenMI

The screws Glock supplies are for mounting the plates to the gun. The issue is with the screws Trijicon supplies with the RMR sights. They go through the plate and bottom out on the slide before they are fully tight. Then the sight can shift and eventually break the screws off

11. RMR17

RMR17

Oh Ok this I must check out.

12. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

This is why other sources can still make a reasonable profit milling Glock slides to fit Trijicons........with no need for special screws.

13. ledhed

ledhed

They are not special screws. They are just longer than needed for this application. This sight was out long before the MOS Glocks. Just mount the sight to the correct plate and file or grind the screws that came with it to the correct length. There are lots of mounts for the RMR. Should I complain that I had to get the correct one for my AR? Once those other sources mill that slide for a Trijicon, you are stuck with it. What if you decide you like the Leupold better later on?

14. Turtle Dude

Turtle Dude

Just bought a G34 MOS from AIMSURPLUS

I then bought a C-MORE STS2 from MIDWAY. My wife has the same sight on her SW CORE and the SW plates worked fine (I HAVE A CORE with a DOCTOR RMR) well I put the 03 PLATE on the 34 for the CMORE and two Problems
    the studs on the MOUNTING PLATE ARE TOO LONG and the CMORE Screws are TOO LONG as well

so I took the DOCTOR off my CORE and put the 01 GLOCK MOS PLATE on the G34. well the SCREW HOLES IN THAT PLATE are TOO small for the DOCTOR Screws. SO IN BOTH CASES the GLOCK plates were not properly machined for the Sights they claim work with them. The SW plates have worked perfectly for the sights

a bit disappointed in GLOCK-CMORE answered my email and said they'd have a tech call on monday to walk me through reducing the stud height on the GLOCK plates and getting me some shorter screws

15. rustynail

rustynail FORR MO

Thank you