GLOCK Modified Sights (GMS) terminology

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Buckshot Barry, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Picked up my latest Glock yesterday, a blue label Gen 5 19 with stock sights. I noticed the front sight was taller than the usual OEM sight, so I did a little research.

Glock now calls the Gen 5 polymer sights, GLOCK Modified Sights and uses "GMS" in the Parts Order Form (Certified Armorers)

https://us.glock.com/downloadable-materials

There are now two polymer front sights available. All models, including the 42 and 43, use to use a single polymer front sight in the past. Now there is a 4.1 mm and 4.9 mm tall front sight, where the 4.9 mm is the GMS version. Glock has a web page describing the differences

https://eu.glock.com/en/products/glock-options/polymer_sights

On a side note, when viewing that page you will see nomenclature such as (1), (2), (3), and (4). That is referencing the numbered photos in the picture slide.

Personally I prefer the original 6.5 mm rear (182) and 4.1 mm front sights (SP06956) and have ordered those from midwestgunworks.com. Add an Extended Magazine Catch (8794) and 47021 ejector from a 47208 Trigger Mechanism Housing and my new Gen 5 19 will be just the way I want it and still "stock" for GSSF matches.

Mike-M, GotWhatINeed and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  2. SRR0272

SRR0272

Good info. Thanks

Buckshot Barry likes this.

3. cciman

cciman MacGyver

someone else posted that GMS = "marksman" thus designating the G5 as a "sporting" pistol thus sidestepping the import rules and allowing the smooth trigger shoe. Or something to that effect.