close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock MEANS it when they tell you....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Brian Dover, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

...not to get oil in the firing pin channel! Iwas RO'ing a pistol match 2 weeks ago, right before vacation, when the following happened. A first-timer, using his G21, started having misfires, more than a couple, with Win. white box fact ammo. After match, two of us started quizzing him; this led to a look at his firing pin area. Low and behold, it was WAY filthier than we'd ever seen-it would have taken 10, 15, 20 thousand (?) rds. of normal use to get it that dirty! Turns out that due to not reading the instructions, or otherwise having a clue, he had lubed HECK outta the gun after each of his half dozen or so range visits! We showed him how to do this part of takedown/assembly as well as cleaning; he seemed to want to just take pistol to gunshop for $20 ultrasound job instead. Said he wasn't "mechanically inclined" enough to do gun maint. Man, I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying something about how a monkey with a dull toothpick could fix almost anything on a Glock! No offense to Glock armorers intended, I said ALMOST--there are ways for people to mess up equipment only a true Glocksmith could diagnose and repair. OK, I'm done, just keep the oil offa yer firing pins folks!!

2. GlockFamilyMan

GlockFamilyMan

that the debris clearing hole was actually a lubrication hole? He filled that little hole with grease, then wondered why it took a reservation to make the gun go 'bang'. You could actually watch the striker move forward, ever so slowly, to the chamber. Took maybe 8-10 seconds. Boring! Took an airgun to blow it out. We asked the guy to sign a waiver on his 2nd amendment rights. TWold him to just call a cop or drop a line to GLOCK TALK if he ran into any trouble.

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

He could mess up a revolver!;g