close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Match in Albaby, OR

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ezterra, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ezterra

ezterra

Just wondering if anyone has shot this before. I was thinking about making the drive out there. It would be about a 6-7 hour drive for me, so I was wondering if it would be worth it.

2. Trey

Trey

ezterra,

It's 8 stages and around 200 rounds. Albany does an excellent job with their matches. I highly recommend it.

Detail are www.nassonline.org or www.arpc-ipsc.org

I'll be there shooting production.

3. ezterra

ezterra

Here in Idaho, at the Gem County Rod and Gun Club in Emmett, ID, they also have a Glock only match. I haven't shot it yet, but I hear it's one of the better matches around. I'm planning on shooting the Glock match here, but when I saw the one going on in Albany, I thought why wait for the one here, when I can shoot the Albany one now.

Anyway, I'll see if I can make it out. I've been shooting quite a bit of matches and practicing quite a bit for the Idaho IDPA state match this weekend. So I think my wife is ready for me to taper off the shooting a little. We'll see what happens. If I decide to go, I'll post here and maybe we can meet up.

Thanks Trey!

4. SnooseGoose

SnooseGoose DIAF

I've heard the same thing. I'll be there shooting limited. We should figure out some way to identify the shooters that are GlockTalk users?

SG.

5. ezterra

ezterra

If I do make it out to shoot it, I'll post here and maybe we could meet up somewhere prior to the match.

6. Trey

Trey

7. SnooseGoose

SnooseGoose DIAF

I'll be there. Should be a lot of fun.

SG.

8. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

9. Trey

Trey

It was a Beautiful day! It was a typical well run ARPC match with 76 shooters. Brian has a nice little write up on www.arpc-ipsc.org

I didn't get to meet snoose goose but there was two guys from Yakima that placed in their divisions and class. Hopefully he was one of them. Thanks for driving down. I grew up in Sunnyside, so I know it'a bit of a drive for the match.

Stages were a good balance of challenge and fun. One interesting start was 4 poppers and a texas star to be engaged That's nine rounds with only 11 in the gun (production.) It brought up a serious pucker factor with only 2 make up shoots. About 1/3 - 1/2 of our squad had to do a standing reload to finish it. In a nice display of shooting, Brian B (production) shot it great with no make up shots.

Brian is a great guy who I haven't been able to squad with lately, So I was glad he jumped on our squad. It was great to hang with him.

The car stage was fun as well with all of the reloads and empty gun coming from an open briefcase.

I had a few mistakes but met my goal of placing in the top 3 of my division. It was good to see my friends shoot well also. The group who traveled from Roseburg with me shoot well. Gene was 2nd overall production/1st A and Scott was 6th overall Limited/1st C shooting minor.

It was great seeing so many glocks in one place.

Thanks to Brian, Mac and all the rest of the hard working ARPC crew. They do a great job. Thanks for all your hard work!! By the time I get home, the scores are on the web. Thanks Brian.

It's a great match and a good reason to have a glock. My friend Gene bought a 34 just so he could shoot this match.

10. ezterra

ezterra

Trey,

Thanks for the update. I was pretty bummed that I ended up not being able to make it out. I really wanted to, but I was pretty busy that weekend. Plus I would have had to drive home, to Boise, after the match because I had to work on Sunday. I really didn't want to make the drive by myself. 7-8 hours can get lonely when you've had a long day. Maybe next year.