Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Glocker
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am pretty much a Glock guy through and through but I have been reading about H&K a lot lately and I have a Glock 26 laying around collecting dust. I feel that it is a bit too stubby for my thin frame. I am thinking about turning it into an H&K 9mm.

So now I need to figure out which H&K to get. I need to stop by a dealer and handle a few, but I'd like to get some input from you guys. I'm leaning towards the USP Compact 9 since it is a bit slimmer than the others (P30, P2000). It is also a bit slimmer than my G26. I don't really care for a safety on a DAO pistol, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Now I'd really like to get my hands on a P7 but I doubt that I can find one around here since they are rare and the accessories are pretty expensive. Again, I'd have to actually handle one to see what I think but I love how simple it is. It is thin to boot so that is a big plus for me. However, I don't believe I could abuse it as much as a Glock (correct me if I am wrong).

This is going to be a carry gun so I need it to be concealable. What do you HK lovers think.

· Glocker
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. I have been reading some of the posts on here and I realize that I really need to go fondle a few different H&K pistols. I didn't realize there were different trigger options. Sounds like the LEM trigger is most popular but I guess I need to find out for myself.

· Federal Member
30,583 Posts
Nothing wrong with enjoying different makes of pistols. I own a full size USP .40 as well as Glocks. You could easily trade your G26 it for a HK in 9mm.

:cool:

· Who?
7,957 Posts
I prefer a P30S in V3 (Single/double action) with the manual safety. It would take some getting used to coming from a Glock, but it is by far my favorite Hk setup. I hate that I had to give up my V1 USP (same configuration) but it will be getting replaced with a P30S V3 before much longer.

· Banned
45,575 Posts
After picking up a knockoff G3 rifle recently, I have read a bit into HKs. That Mark 23 is getting my attention.... :whistling:

· Registered
410 Posts
The odd thing about the USPc vs. the P2000 or P30 is even though it is listed as being thinner on HK's website, it doesn't feel slimmer. I've carried a USPc (.45), an HK 45c, and a P2000 (.40 LEM) and the P2000 seems the slimmest. The measurements include the ambidextrous slide release so even though it slightly wider on paper, it is due to the slide release.

The P2000 and P30 have a tapered slide. The USPc doesn't which makes it blockier. I notice it when I carry IWB. The P2000 gives you a full length grip with a shorter slide than either the P30 or USPc. Its a great carry gun.

The LEM is probably the closest to a Glock trigger you will find on an HK. It is a different animal altogether and you should try it before you buy if you can. I like it but takes some getting used to.

· Registered
171 Posts
Take a look at the P2000 sk. It's a compact pistol but with the ability to use higher capacity P2000 magazines with an X-Grip it can have the look and feel of a full size firearm. Choose your calliber and trigger. Available 9mm, .40 S&W, or .357 SIG - DA/SA (with or without decocker and safety) or LEM trigger. If could only own one Hk the P2000 sk would be the one.

· 98.SiG and Rising!
768 Posts
Take a look at the P2000 sk. It's a compact pistol but with the ability to use higher capacity P2000 magazines with an X-Grip it can have the look and feel of a full size firearm. Choose your calliber and trigger. Available 9mm, .40 S&W, or .357 SIG - DA/SA (with or without decocker and safety) or LEM trigger. If could only own one Hk the P2000 sk would be the one.
This...

· Registered
192 Posts
We each have an opinion, and I don't think the LEM trigger is closest to the Glock. I have alot of Glocks and easily transitioned to the P30 sa/da and carry it cocked and locked. I have four H&K's; HK45, 45c, and two P30's. All are set up the same and work great. When I've tried the light LEM I was not impressed with the long trigger pull. Shoot them before you buy if you can. Good luck.

· Registered
33,948 Posts
If anyone is interested in a LEM trigger but can't find one to try, I've noticed the Kahr PM9 (and so I assume the other Kahr's as well) feel very similar. A long smooth pull that breaks almost at the rear. The reset on the LEM is much shorter though.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
I have been training with the LEM (ver-1) and it has really helped with my trigger control for my Glocks too.

Maybe its just me but that smooth action with the bang as a surprise at the end is very pleasant.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.