close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock makes a single stack???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MississipVol, Jun 4, 2012.

1. MississipVol

MississipVol

Was browsing the Glock website this weekend and did not realize they already make a single stack - its just in the .45 cal auto! The Glock 36 is a pretty cool looking gun though and at only 1.10 inches thick, it slightly thinner than my G19.

Of course, 6 rounds is a downer and at under 7 inches long and shorter than 5 inches tall, I'm sure recoil is a little different than my G19! :supergrin:

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g36

2. dkf

dkf

Yep the G36 is the only single stack. If I was Glock I'd make a 9mm, .40 and .357sig version of the G36 for people who want a slimmer gun. The grip is probably even big enough to offset the rounds in the mag for more capacity.

3. grousemaster

grousemaster Grousemaster

IT's about the same size as a 19 or 23 with far capacity. Unless your a .45 fan boy there's little appeal

4. SCC

SCC just me

what cave have you been in ?:shocked:

5. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

Glock would make it if it could be imported. It wouldn't have enough points according to the BATF. The other manufacturers make them here.

6. MississipVol

MississipVol

Ha! :dunno:Still pretty new to handguns and just haven't noticed it before. Like someone else said, I don't have a huge interest in a .45 so had never really browsed all the models in that caliber.

I don't think I would ever be interested in one but just noticed it and had always heard Glock doesn't make a single stack.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The G36 has been around since about 2000, and is the slowest seller in the Glock lineup.

8. dkf

dkf

Yeah I'm aware of it and they can get around it. Just manufacture them in Smyrna, GA.

Yeah the G36 is around the same size as the 19,23 and 32 but its still thinner at the frame. The G36 grip is also shorter though which would be nice with flush mags. Capacity shouldn't be too bad with 9,.40 and .357 with the flush mags and a properly designed magazine. I'd buy one if Glock would make it. Would be a nice gun to go along with my 32 and 33, kinda a gun sized between the two but thinner.

9. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

That's a matter of opinion. There are many who prefer the thin grip of the G36.

10. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

That's not what I expected to hear. I thought the 36 would definitely outsell the 39.

Is that because LEO can use the 39 as a back up or off duty to the 37?

11. glock a-doodle-doo

glock a-doodle-doo

really? why is that, because of the caliber/round count, or the size? i gave the g36 some thought for my next glock, but can't imagine why it would be undesirable other than technical problems.

12. L Pete

L Pete

I couldn't agree more with dkf.......How many more rounds of 9mm could be stuffed into a G-36 mag. It would hold more than a LC9, CW9, or others. I like the overall size, it's near perfect for me.

Just remember, it holds two more rounds than a J-frame .357, and reloads a heck of a lot quicker.

13. mrsurfboard

Glock fanboys don't consider it a real Glock. It's slim, comfortable Grip is un Glock like and therefore not worthy of their respect. A Glock must feel like a 2x4 otherwise it might as well be a high point.

14. mrsurfboard

This might come into play if a lot of departments actually used the GAP. In reality, the GAP is pretty much a commercial failure and aside from 5 state police agencies that were basically given them for a song and a handful of local ones, the GAP is not a favorite in LE.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  15. tuica

tuica

The best big-bore CCW made by Glock! My favorite by far. Am wearing it now as I type this in the library. If they only knew! Cheers.

16. glock a-doodle-doo

glock a-doodle-doo

ha! okay, makes total sense now. :cool:

17. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

I don't understand how a single stack 45 is importable while a single stack 9/40/357 is not. Same way I'm not sure why the 28 can not be imported.

18. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

19. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Good link. Thanks. Ii have heard of the point system, but never seen it in writing. The thing I'm confused about is how a 9mm version would be worth any different amount of points, since the cals are worth the same. Unless maybe the .45 is significantly heavier than a 9/40 version. Or maybe I missed something on the list.

20. dkf

dkf

Glock could add an adjustable rear sight and gain 5 points.

Honestly this points system looks friggin stupid. It screams ATF all the way.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012