Glock Mags

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by boudreux, Jun 14, 2020.

1. boudreux

boudreux

Are the mags that they sell for $10 at the gssf matches brand new?

2. elicolotta

elicolotta

Not usually. They are trade ins or turn ins from a department. Most are in excellent shape

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

sixgun2, PM720 and Mr Meeseeks like this.

3. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

shhhhhh. we don’t talk about those things. ;)

mikey357, 1RoundEye, Chui and 2 others like this.
  4. 303_enfield

303_enfield

Some have been rebuilt. Last match that was the only stuff they brought you could buy. Taxes an stuff I was told. But the match was in a sales tax free State :freak:

5. njl

njl Crusty Member

Also, you can generally get Glock mags rebuilt (if they need it) by the armorer at GSSF matches. i.e. New springs if yours have shrunk, and new followers if your are not the latest type.

6. PM720

PM720

The last couple matches I shot they gave me a little flack about this. Asked if I was having issues with them. :(

1RoundEye likes this.
  7. skyfall

skyfall

To my knowledge the only difference in the new produced mags.was the follower changed to orange,no design change.I do not know about the older mags.I know there was a body change to work when they started the reversible mag.release.

8. Noponer

Noponer

Yeah, Scott! Armorers at GSSF matches used to be very helpful.... but, since matches have become so large in the last decade or so, they always seem to have some excuse or "policy" which curtails the help I need. I just avoid them now so I won't have to put up with their snide comments.

The mother ship is another story... usually very courteous (once you get through the security routine).

lethal tupperwa and PM720 like this.
  9. 1RoundEye

1RoundEye Arms Dealer

So, when you said "Yes", like me they suffering from old age, what did they say?

10. PM720

PM720

No. Basically being worn wasn't enough, had to be having a feeding issue or something. :(

11. bubbatime

bubbatime

Can you fault them though? They would have 25 guys, each holding 10 mags in their hands, wanting them rebuilt with new springs and followers. Do the math. It would be exhausting, and costly. So yeah, Glocks are popular now, and I imagine those folks get tired of everyone and their mother wanting free parts.

redneckgunman likes this.
  12. Noponer

Noponer

Do you realize how many Glocks are purchased just for GSSF matches? No, I don't know the actual figure, but thousands, I believe. I have purchased, sold, & purchased about 20 myself over the years... just for GSSF matches. The reason there are so many shooters wanting "free parts" is because they own tons of Glock pistols... & even more tons of Glock mags.

GSSF members are one of Glock, Inc.'s best customers & certainly one of the best dollars they spend on PR. It's funny they could rebuild mags & give "free parts" when the matches were smaller, but can't now when the number of entries have quadrupled or more.

The match armorer program has been one of GSSF's big selling points.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    PM720 and Tbone17 like this.
  13. wlkjr

wlkjr

Between my wife and I, we have over 200 magazines. I have friends who have at least that many.

mikey357 and Tbone17 like this.
  14. PM720

PM720

I own 13 Glocks and the 7 I shoot at the matches are pretty much dedicated to GSSF. I don't show up with 10 or 40 mags looking for parts. Maybe 4 or 5 and I always ask beforehand if they even have the parts so I'm not wasting any time. I also volunteer at the matches as well. I try not to complain too much but I think I am a pretty good customer and always push the brand because I believe in it. Seems like a couple mag springs wouldn't be that big a deal. ‍♂️

Snoopy47, SARDG and Tbone17 like this.
  15. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

I was having trouble with feeding on a few mags, I kept a red paint pen in my pocket and marked my bad one and got them out of rotation, Sent them in and they rebuilt them and sent them back right away. NO charge they must of fixed them the day they got them and shipped them back out. This unwritten life time warrenty is the best. I can understand why they cant do it at the matches

SARDG, PM720 and wlkjr like this.
  16. Noponer

Noponer

Because they have too many customers (match attendees) with too many Glock products? Most companies would like that problem.

Our concerns (mine, at least) are not about rebuilds of every gun & all mags, but rejections of simple requests for lesser problems. Often, a request is honored - but only after a certain amount of griping or talking down to the shooter. I don't need that.

I have been a shooter & RO at GSSF matches for 28 years; most things are better than ever - a few things are not. The matches are a tough job for the GSSF team & they have my heartfelt thanks for providing us with such a good thing. I hope it never ends. The armorers appear to be separate group; I find myself relying entirely on other sources for my Glocks' maintenance.

As I said earlier (& you just said), the factory is a different story... excellent customer service.

17. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Slackers... :eek:

PM720 likes this.
  18. wlkjr

wlkjr

I'll try to do better.

DJ Niner, PM720 and SARDG like this.
  19. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

Guess that makes me a rank amateur at only 75 or 80...LOL!

20. wlkjr

wlkjr

If that's all you need. We worked matches for a few years and got most of ours that way. Work a few matches and your inventory will build and you'll make a lot of friends.

PM720 likes this.