Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see auctions on GunBroker with people asking $200 for a single magazine. I wouldn't ever pay that much nor feel comfortable asking that much for a single magazine. I bought 7 magazines recently that are a bit older and am trying to determine a fair value.

2 are unmarked (i.e. caliber), Glock 17, baseplate shows Glock but no hole for baseplate removal tool. No part number on baseplate. U-notch.

3 are marked .45, Glock 21, baseplate shows Glock, 3941 with hole. U-notch.

2 are marked 10mm, Glock 20, baseplate shows Glock, 3941 with hole. U-notch.

Thanks.

·
21,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
21,888 Posts
That $200 per mag reminds me of the Clinton ban era.

·
Come on man!!
17,488 Posts
In 1994 I paid $100 dollar a mag for G22 magazines. In 2004 when the ban sunset I spent thousands of dollars on standard capacity magazines.

For most of us, they're worth less than a new magazine, but in some ban states they may still have inflated values.

I offered some of mine to Dennis in MA at an insane price at less than half of market value at the time because I liked him and I didn't need them, and he didn't even take them.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I have two of the very first, original P80 type mags, with the smooth unmarked base plates with no holes, no caliber, and the Austrian Army logo on them (often referred to as the P80 logo). I paid $80 a piece for them about a year ago. I still firmly believe that those would be the most desirable Glock mags. Sure, there are the SOF FDE G22 mags, and the all orange training mags in various colors, but....

Edit: And then I see this. I paid $40 each for mine. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/740657559

·
Registered
21,888 Posts
I have two of the very first, original P80 type mags, with the smooth unmarked base plates with no holes, no caliber, and the Austrian Army logo on them (often referred to as the P80 logo). I paid $80 a piece for them about a year ago. I still firmly believe that those would be the most desirable Glock mags. Sure, there are the SOF FDE G22 mags, and the all orange training mags in various colors, but....

Edit: And then I see this. I paid $40 each for mine. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/740657559

:alex:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts