close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Magazine Ejection - One's Slow, the Other Fast, Why?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tulley, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Tulley

Tulley

Glock Magazine Ejection - They're Different, Why?

I posted this over in the open forum and never got a response. So, I was wondering if someone here would have any knowledge about the reason why the same magazine ejects differently in these different Glocks?

Question, Why is it different when the magazines eject from a G35 vs G22?

I just completed my 3rd shoot at "Front Sight," a firearms training center near Las Vegas. I took my Glocks G35 & G22. Using the same magazines in the 2 different Glocks, the magazines came out quickly from my G35 (empty or loaded) but the G22 was noticably much slower.

When I got back home, I noticed that my other glocks did not eject the magazines as fast as the G35.

Is the superb preformance of the G35 by design (this is a new gun for me) and if so, can that same preformance be acquired into into my other Glocks?

Thanks

2. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

Does the 22 and the others have an extended mag catch/release like the 35?If not,you may not be pushing the the catch/release in quite as far as the shorter ones,and the C/R is slightly dragging on the area just above the notch on the mag,slowing down the speed just a tad.
    Also,glock now tapers the mag body just above the notch,the 10 rounders and earlier high caps were straight walled.

3. Tulley

Tulley

G n F

You bring up a valid point that I hadn't considered.

Both my G35 and G38 have the extended slide catch and the magazines come out of either one very quickly. The other's do not have this feature.

If that is the only problem, it seems like an easy fix. Correct?

No 10 round mags were used.

Thanks