Glock Magazine (don't say "Clip") parts questions...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Giggity-Giggity, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

(I added the "Clip" part to annoy and grab your attention.):rofl:

Most of us want to save money, so instead of buying $20-40 on a new complete Glock magazine I just want to buy parts for my old mags.

So my questions for those whose on a tight Glock budget:

1. Which magazine part have most GlockTalkers replaced?

2. How much is a reasonable price for those parts?

Thanks!

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Rebuilding magazines is usually because something is wrong with the old magazine. I have maybe 40-50 Glock mags that I've used for 2-10 years in matches, classes and carry and none have ever failed, so I've never rebuilt one. Most people buy new magazines to have more, not to replace bad ones.

In short:
    1. None
    2. Not much, IMO, since there isn't much demand.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010

3. rich n

rich n

#1- spring from lone wolf, on a 16 year old G17 mag, it was under 2 bucks I think. That's all it needed. Got a follower too, but realized it was for a newer mag so it didn't fit.

4. HK Dan

HK Dan

I'm with ya Bren. I have 25+ 9mm mags for IDPA and 20+ .40 mags for USPSA, along with...a lot of mags in various calibers for range guns, carry guns, and plinkers. I've not rebuilt a mag in 10 years (granted, some of the extended baseplates on the .40 Limited guns required new springs to function reliably, but those don't count) <g>

5. 1glockfan23

1glockfan23

I have never had to rebuild or repair any mags. All of my Glock mags function flawlessly. If you want cheap mags, I got a great deal at gunbroker.com. Dealers sell lots of Law Enforcement trade-in mags at great prices. I got 10 for about $10 bucks each, and all factory Glock mags marked for LE/Gov't use.

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

1. The spring......if the follower isn't broken, there'd be no reason to replace it, and doing so arbitrarily can be counter productive, all followers don't fit/work in all mag tubes.

But like Bren said, if the mags are functional, there's no need to fix them.

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

out of 100s of glock mags so far i've only replaced baseplates and not becasue of failure.

8. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

What about 10+ magazine banned states? I know a lot of guys that cannot buy standard capacity mags, but could only buy parts for their old pre-ban Glock mags.

I guess since living in a FREE state has its advantages of not needing replacement parts.