Glock mag loader question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by madcitycop, May 25, 2007.

1. madcitycop

madcitycop

this is dumb but, how does the glock speedloader work? :)

2. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

Here is what you do. Load the mags manually with until they get harder to load. Then use the speed loader. You push down on the speed loader with your thumb in one hand(rest the mag on your leg)and at the same time insert a round into the mag. Then at the same time let up on the loader while pushing the round the rest of the way into the mag. It took me awhile to get the hang of using mine. Its just all timing.

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper New job, same me.

Slide mag loader over magazine.
    Push down.
    Put round in magazine and start pushing towards rear of mag while applying slight downward pressure.
    Remove mag loader and slide round fully into mag.
    Repeat until magazine is full.

4. glock-ewe

glock-ewe

Get an Uplula mag loader and you will see how quick and easy loading mags can be. No reason to load manually. Google Uplula and on their site they have a video that shows how fast loading can be. They claim faster than 1 round per second.

5. entropy

entropy

For the curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos_7e-c4t0

6. glock-ewe

glock-ewe

7. LoneWolfUSMC

LoneWolfUSMC

Man I got to get me one of those. :thumbsup:

Nothing like going home and nursing "magazine thumb" after a serious day of shooting. It's one of the things that keeps me from running multiple guns at IDPA matches.

8. Ganesh

Ganesh Okie 4 Life

Holy pooper scoopers!!! that thing rocked! 9mm glock, .40 XD, .45 glock, .45 colt single stack!:shocked:

And it was easier than pretty much geez, pickin my nose! Im definately gettin one. Is there a specific website or do many places sell em? and wheres the best deal?, heh. :thumbsup:

http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm

price for an Uplula for 9mm to .45 is suggested retail of 33.95, definately worth that!

9. syne_24

syne_24

Yup got one here too. That thing rocks! :thumbsup:

10. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

I turn wrenches on cars for a living. I've loaded 800 rounds in one day, and was just fine.

But I've got buddies I shoot with that use the Glock mag loader... You know, computer-programmer type hands. I've seen 'em with a nearly-purple thumb after loading 200 rounds. ;)

11. Ganesh

Ganesh Okie 4 Life

I havent used the supplied loader...still sittin im my pistol's box in the garage. Not sure about the whole "turnin a wrench all day" mentality and such. but any idiot would take a loader like that to just yer thumbs. Maybe not go out and buy it, but im sure one would use it if they had it. then again, whats 34 bucks when you can load single stack and double stack from 9mm to .45?

I mean, I can run 8 miles easy... but I'll take my truck to the shop everyday. :thumbsup:

A man who turns wrenches all day and roughneckin on a rig...still would rather load up with that kind of ease over waistin energy.:tongueout: I should actually edit that to not waistin energy, but to waistin time...pretty quick loadin it seems.;)

12. Suburban

Suburban

As AK47Man said, but I rest the basepad on my stomach. I use them all the time. Getting the last round or two into the mag after loading 12 or more is tough.

Uplulas are available around $25 if you shop around.

13. poison7fl

poison7fl

Best thing I ever bought... Eguns.com has them for $26... well worth it. I balked at the idea of spending the $26 at first, but once i got it.... I'd pay twice that.

The one that comes with the Glock is useless, leave it home in the case.

14. cybertek

cybertek

This thing looks like a great idea.

I just ordered one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

15. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

Ganesh,

From the web site it said that the loader will not work for the G36 single stack mag.

16. adhocglock

adhocglock NRA Member

I find the loader supplied with my G19 works fine. My Beretta 92 didn't come with a loader and the Glock loader is a little sloppy on the smaller Beretta mags. I bought an HKS loader for around $10 and it makes loading fast and easy.

Here's a link: http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/MagloaderPage.html

Regards,

17. Ganesh

Ganesh Okie 4 Life

jmsfmtex, you are correct. My second post i mention that for that price and it does single and double stack from 9mm to .45. I should have repeated my first post. it does 9mm to .45 in various makes. And that it also can load .45 in single stack colt style mags too.
    :thumbsup:

As for the G36, your surprised? :tongueout:

18. Jas0n

Jas0n

I do it by hand, but instead of resting the base of the magazine on my leg or stomach, I rest it in the crook of the middle and ring finger of my left hand. Left thumb depresses the loader. Right hand, of course, is for inserting rounds.

Whatever's comfortable I guess. I've got long fingers, a handspan of something like a foot, not everyone can do it like I do.

19. XDHSr

XDHSr

Brand new glocker here. Sat down today to load my mags. The 10 rounders were tough, but eventually worked. However, no matter what I try, when I get to about the 9th round in my 13 round mags it is almost impossible to load with the Glock Mag loader. Is it just because they are new, or is it the Glock loader, (or more likely somethning I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

20. XDHSr

XDHSr

never mind! I figured it out.