close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock M - Cardboard Target Question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Pengoose, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Pengoose

Pengoose

I have a quick question for anyone that can help, thanks in advance.

In the Glock M course there are four D1 cardboard targets, two at 10 yards and two at 20 yards. Except for pictures on the internet I have never actually seen one of these targets.

My question is, how visible are the black rings on these targets at those distances. Are they pretty noticable or do shooters just "know" where the rings are?

Thanks.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

First the rings are NOT BLACK, the entire target is cardboard color and the rings are only perforations. I am 63 and I can see them at 25 yards so you shouldn't have any problems.

Have you looked at the Glock Report Volumn I, www.gssfonline.com, www.glockfaq.com or www.sportshooter.com, these sites have a ton of info about the questions you are asking. ;)

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I'm 31 and I can't see the rings at 25 yards but I can see them at 20 yards.

I think Don is bionically enhanced! ;f ;f ;f

4. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

I think you have to know to some extent where to aim - targets can be covered up with pasters, sun might be in your face (target in shadow) or if raining the targets can be covered with a plastic bag

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

What, you didn't know that Don at PC, aka "Oldie One Kenobi", aka "the Bionic Eye", had surgical enhancements to make him "see the rings"? ;)

6. Don At PC

Yep, have a Bausch & Lomb Intraocular Lens implant in left eye during Cataract Surgery. Will probably need the same thing in right eye in the next year or so plus a Laser Zap to breakup the saline pouch that is used to implant the lens. Nothing but fun and chances to excell. And all the time you thought growing old was all fun, but it sure beats the alternative. ;g ;f ;c

7. Rover

Rover Unreconstructed

I can't see the rings at 20 and 25 yards, when I try. As for shooting, when I'm focused on the front sight, I surely do not see them.

I attempt to shoot for "center of mass."

I will admit that I originally thought there were black rings on the D1 targets. Anyone, not knowing, who goes to gssfonline.com, The Glock Report, Volume 1, will get that impression. All the D1's are illustrated with black rings. (Yes, I now know they are for illustration only, Ha, Ha)

I do know one thing for sure, I could do a lot better if D1's had nice black rings, as shown in those illustrations. :)

Regards

8. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

There are rings on the D1's...wow I have been shooting now for 4 years I did not know that!;)

9. GJM89

GJM89

What,were supposed to be shooting "AT" the cardboard target, when the heck was anyone gonna tell me that.;f ;f ;f ^3

10. Don At PC

Hey, what you talkin bout, man. I can beat your total match score by shooting only one stage. Now I know why---------There are targets out there that we are supposed to hit. ;I :steamed: ;L ;T ;Y ^3

11. GJM89

GJM89

Hey, I'm old and every once in awhile I forget what I'm doing in the middle of the match, Hmmmmmm, by the way, somtimes I forget who I am. Who are you anyway.;f ;f ;f ;Q ;Q ;Q ;T ;T ;T