close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock: looking for parts and a smith

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by afterglow, Dec 20, 2006.

1. afterglow

afterglow

I've pulled my G19 out of the closet and am planning to start shooting again. I've ordered new nightsights among other things and am wondering if you guys can recommend a smith for installation. I live in QC/San Juan so someone near here would be great.

I'm also looking for an extended slide release...any tips on which stores would have these in stock??

And for some reason no one has Hoppes #9 in stock. Any idea where I can find it?? I still have some Sheath....is this good enough or is there better lube available??

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

You don't need a smith to install your night sights. Most of them (Trijicon, Mepro's) are drop in and only need the glock sight installation tool. SOE has one of these tools and Bien can install it for you in 15 minutes for a nominal fee (or for free if you get some gear from them.)

As for the slide stop, Final Option has them last time I checked.

Hope this helps.

3. afterglow

afterglow

Thanks for the tip on the sights.....I was on the fence on buying a light from SOE pero now that I know they have the sight installation tool, malamang kukunin ko na. BTW, the sight is a TruGlow TFO and I think it's also a drop-in install (I still haven't gotten them yet).

I visited Final Option and asked about the slide release and they didn't have it. I'll try going again tomorrow to make sure....

4. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

on some sights, all you need is an allen wrench and some loctite..

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

ditch the extended slide release. with the glock's very low bore axis, ma-activate mo lang yan during shooting, mag premature slide lock ka lang.

final option's gunsmithing shop is in lope k. vega in SJ dun sa may Agora. you can ask the exact address from their store.

6. Django

Django

+1 on the extended slide release. I installed them on my two Glocks and eventually went back to the OFM slide release.

I go to Final Option's gunsmithing at San Juan for my Glock. Look for Dello.

7. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

For Hoppes #9, you can try Stronghand. Hoppes #9 is a bore cleaner and not a lube. I think Sheath is for rust prevention. Breakfree CLP (available in Twin Pines) works fine for my G17. Your glock won't have problems even if you use Singer oil or any car oil.:)

8. iMD

iMD Young Member

got my orig. Glock night sights from Trust Trade(Robinson's Galleria)sila na rin ang nag install(free of charge):thumbsup:

9. chocoboy

chocoboy

Afterglow, Where'd u get ur TFO? How much? Pls let us know when uv tried it. Thanks!

10. afterglow

afterglow

I got the TruGlo's from LoneWolf in the US....dadalhin na lang ng utol ko in January...cost is $100.

Stronghand is out of Hoppes #9...hayyy....

Sheath is a rust preventative/lube. Ang tagal na nito sa akin (10 yrs +) but it still seems ok....just wondering if I should get a fresh bottle of gun lube just to be safe...