Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and make a Glock version of it and it will sell like hotcakes IMHO.
I know I would buy one.

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
A while back my wife described a pistol to me that she would carry. Then I saw a pic on a rag with the tauri and I read about it. I asked my wife about the pistol she wanted to be made, she did, and was pleased to see someone is going to make it. I have not had a good liking for Taurus guns but I hear they are a little better now and my wife will not shoot as much in a life time as I do in a year with a carry piece like that.

We will be getting one simply because it is what she wants and the accuracy at the same range as a Kimber $1400.00 gun was the same :shocked: ....

such is life I guess

·
NRA Member
735 Posts
Hay McDonalds, look at the wopper and make a McDonalds version of it and it will sell like hot cakes. I know i would buy one.

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
The thought of a Glock that was anything like a taurus would make me vomit!

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
Including size and set up?

A GLOCK - made gun like that would rock.
Come on, give me a break, you know what I meant. I want a G26/G27 that is thin like a Walther PPS, except it works like the G26/G27!

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
Yes, I had read it. I use my G27 in front pocket and it works for me, but thinner would be better. There is not another semi-auto I would replace my Glock with, and I have owned them all. (in gun business for years as owner and employee) and nobody does it better than Glock. They may not be pretty in the classic sense, but, they are a tool, and a superior one at that. I don't want a kahr, or keltec or whatever junk of the month the gun rags promote, There are Glocks, and then there is the rest. I bought one of the first there was in '86 and had to adjust to plastic, but today, with half my car being plastic, including engine parts, who cares anymore. I know Glock will have to build it here, so I will wait, I know THEY KNOW the market is there and waiting on it and I bet they want to have it as bad as we want it...

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I hear what you are saying - although Id rather have a Glock version of the Kahr PM9/P9 (6+1/7+1 under 16 ounces), than to have a Glock version of the Taurus (8+1, listed at 19 ounces, apparently a bit bigger than the Kahr)

but while we are playing this game

what if Glock made a Glock version of the 1911......ooops - nevermind

ok - how about Glock makes a Glock version of the KelTec P3AT.....

Ruger already did this??

ok - I got it - how about if Glock made a Glock version of the AR-15?

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
I'm a sucker, I'll probably try it....

I guess I am in the minority, because every Taurus i've ever owned (all 5) worked perfectly...

Model: 709B
Caliber: 9 mm
Capacity: 8+1
Barrel Length: 3"
Action: SA
Finish: Blue
Grips: Checkered Polymer
Weight: 19 oz
Frame: Compact
Front Sight: Fixed
Length: 6"
Grooves: 0
UPC: 7-25327-60562-1
Order #: 1-709031
MSRP: $436.00

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
The only Tarus that I have any experience with, is the 454 Cassul, Raging Bull (long barrel). This has been a great gun. The muzzle brake works with the grips to tame recoil. I also, bought a Ruger 454 Super Red Hawk. That Ruger was not familiar with accuracy at all. I couldn't hit a 10" paper plate at 10 yd. with 45 Colt ammo. I dumped it within the first year. Still have the Bull.
At

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
I'm a sucker, I'll probably try it....

I guess I am in the minority, because every Taurus i've ever owned (all 5) worked perfectly...

Model: 709B
Caliber: 9 mm
Capacity: 8+1
Barrel Length: 3"
Action: SA
Finish: Blue
Grips: Checkered Polymer
Weight: 19 oz
Frame: Compact
Front Sight: Fixed
Length: 6"
Grooves: 0
UPC: 7-25327-60562-1
Order #: 1-709031
MSRP: $436.00
Looks like a big LORCIN!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've owned 2 Taurus' and they have been great, and my dad has the 32 H&Rmagnum Revolver which has been great also.

But I never buy any new gun, no matter who makes it. Smith, Ruger, etc all have had issues with new desgns.

Being that said, Taurus as the best product lign up of any one IMO.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Some time back, before I started carrying my G-33, I was actually carrying a LORCIN 380. It cost less than $90, was 100% reliable and accurate enough to know that I could hit someone within 15-20 yds. It also fit in my front pants pocket. Of course, I don't still have it.
At

1 - 20 of 64 Posts