Glock Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Maybe 5,000 - 10,000 rounds before needing a re-build?
I put more than 5000 rounds through my G34 every 6 months. I replace the recoil and striker springs every 7500 rounds or so. I'm sure the springs would go way past 10,000. 50,000 rounds with only spring maintenance. No parts replaced.

If you don't damage the throat or crown cleaning it, a Glock barrel will last way past 50,000 rounds. I bench mine and haven't had any fall off in accuracy.

Oh, and I have a high 6 figures worth of dry fires on it with no snap caps.

Maybe 5,000 - 10,000 rounds before needing a re-build?
Yeah....AFTER you add some ZEROS to those figures....
Try....MAYBE.....50,000 to 100,000 rounds.....THEN I'd THINK about a re-build....
For ME.....The Glock.....it probably won't evev be breathing hard.....!!:supergrin:

These people are all wrong. Glock's typically have a Shelf life of about 6 months, regardless of rounds through it. After 6 months they are considered unsafe and should be sent to me for proper disposal!!!
aww man i was gonna say this lol but it is true so send to tampa or myself we are trained in glock disposal:cool:

Chuck Taylor wrote several articles about his G-17, and the last one I saw was several years ago and he had either 125,000 or 150,000 through his. If you can afford 100,000 rounds of ammo, you can afford to buy a new Glock!

Dryfiring doesn't hurt a bit. It will last as long as you will. We have glocks, duty glocks, with from 50K to over 100K fired.

Assuming regular care and maintenance (cleaning, lubing etc) and proper use of the pistol by not dry firing it and using only good quality ammo...how long do you think a Glock can last? What parts are most likely to break from use and storage over time? Who here has experienced first hand (as in you own it, not a friend of a friend heard of a guy..:embarassed:) a Glock still going strong after 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 rounds? What have you had to replace, if anything? Thanks!

Assuming regular care and maintenance (cleaning, lubing etc) and proper use of the pistol by not dry firing it and using only good quality ammo...how long do you think a Glock can last? What parts are most likely to break from use and storage over time? Who here has experienced first hand (as in you own it, not a friend of a friend heard of a guy..:embarassed:) a Glock still going strong after 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 rounds? What have you had to replace, if anything? Thanks!
I have had a pair of consecutive numbered Glock model 21's since 1991 they were carried full time alternateing them not both at once till 2004 when I retired from Law Enforcement I have carrierd them daily since not both but alternated. By my estimate they each have well over 50,000 rounds through them,and since I worked in the midwest they got every extreme in weather conditions from freezeing wet snow and ice in open duty holsters, to dry and dusty and even some rolling around in mud and snow, and drenched in blood a couple times. Never had a malfunction of any kind. The only parts ever replaced was night sights at twelve years with one set and fourteen with the other, and recoil sring assemblies at 5K as per Glock recomendation.
I read a few years back that the Glock pistol with care and maintainace should last a few centuries, longer than I will for sure.:wavey:

Not sure about actual USABLElife, but they lose all their PRESTIGE-life as soon as purchased.

Prestige Life Dead On Arrival.

Dead as a doornail.

Gone.
Can't forget about that prestige.............such a crucial element in a defensive weapon.

I have my first glock 17 that I have put over 65k through. I bought it used off gunbroker. It has had one slide crack way back, right after I bought it & glock replaced it, just cost me shipping to them. I have changed recoil springs twice & polished all the guts & added a factory 3.5 or what they call a 4.5lb connector. I have a g35 I bought well used from a competitive shooter that I have put nearly 60krds through. It has an aftermarket barrel(KKM) & part of a charlie vanek modified factory trigger in it. I recently replaced the striker spring & have done two recoil spring replacements since I bought it. The rest of my glocks are very low round counts, none of them have over 10k through them, yet. Just shoot them until you can't afford anymore ammo. Keep a few springs around, just in case & you are good to go. Replace the springs if it makes you feel better every once in a while. I do way more maintenance to my mags than my guns. I change mag springs once a year on all my competition mags & wipe them inside & out when they land in the dirt at matches.
Dry fire until you are sick of hearing click, too.
MLM

Several Glocks, G26, several 17s and a G22 with over 10k. HAD to replace nothing, did replace recoil springs. Have seen a 2nd gen G22 with locking block, a G35 with a broken trigger pin, and had a pinned front sight fall off a G36.

I have a Dec of 89 G19 I bought in 2004 and I've put about 5K through it since.

I've replaced some of the internals as I go but it's never failed me.

I can't say its had a bunch of rounds through it cause I don't know the any of the previous owner/s but its over 20 years now and its aged well.

" PROPER MAINT." AND "NO DRY-FIRING" Don't even belong in the same paragraph when speaking of a Glock....

I am Out...:cool:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.