Glock & Lasermax

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GasTurbine, Sep 14, 2005.

1. GasTurbine

GasTurbine Porschey Power!

Anybody have a Lasermax (guide rod laser) installed in their G27...or any other Glock for that matter.

How do you like it? Is it adjustable? Battery life?

Any other pros or cons?

Thanks!

2. doughboy18718

doughboy18718

I have lasermax in my G22 and love it. Its a great deterant(sp?). The only thing i don't like about mine, is that it is an older non-captive spring unit, unlike the newer ones that are captive. Other than that, i love it. I have had mine over a year, and still haven't(or needed to for that matter) changed the batteries. But then again, i don't use mine that much. the only thing i can stress to you, and everyone else who wants one, is that they are NOT a replacement for your sights, and you should continue to use and practice with your sights, and not just the lasermax! IMO, it is only there as a deterant, and nothing more. Hope this helps.

3. Privatejoker

Privatejoker Bang Bang Bang

+1

4. vanRichten

vanRichten

I have one on my G36 and I love it. I will also agree with the above posters that you should continue to use your sights.

There isn't any adjustment that you can make to them, at least not on mine. It is pretty much dead on. Depending on your range it will shoot a little high or low, but if you are just worried about defense you will be fine. I'm not out to win a prize, just stay alive if someone decides they want what I have. *shrugs*

The battery life seems fine, I have had mine for about a year and haven't needed to change them out yet.

Hope you enjoy it.

5. USC78

USC78

Doesn't the beam pulsate on the LaserMax? If so, is there an optional adjustment so that it is a continuous beam?

6. ShotOnce

ShotOnce Senior Member

Yes, it does pulsate and there is no switch from pulsate to steady beam. The thought behind the pulsation was to maximize the battery life. I don't know about other Lasermax owners, but the pulsation does not bother me and it happens so quickly it hardly even registers anymore.

7. lhuff

lhuff Ancient Shooter

I have one on my g26. The gun has functioned flawlesswly with it installed, but I must admit I sometimes think about not having Glock parts in there. For that reason, if I were doing it again, i would go with the Crimson Trace since they have no affect on the functioning of the gun. Crimson Trace laser here...

Another thing is the actual usability. I'm not sure that if I was confronted by someone intending to do me harm that I would have the presence of mind to turn it on. I think I might be spending more time pointing, aiming and soiling my drawers.

The cool factor is right up there with NRA t-shirts and cowboy hats, but I wouldn't buy one again.

8. handgunfan

handgunfan

The other reason it pulses, in addition to battery life, is that the human eye will find a pulsing light faster than a steady light.

Jeff

9. Glock27Holywood

Glock27Holywood

I have recently bought one, I like the unit, and it’s pretty accurate within three inches from red dot. The only thing I don't like with my unit is that it will shut off after the first shot, I checked the seating of the spring under the take down bar and all that, and it still turns off. IMO; it's physics, the take down lever for the Glock has to be moved sideways, (they give you a new one to install) and with the force of the recoil it moves that back to center were the indention for the guide rod to sit in the off position. I don't think it has enough strength to keep it "locked" in the on position. Anyone else having similar issues? Has Lasermax give any advise to fix it?
    Cory