close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Knuckle

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by The Viking, Apr 29, 2012.

1. The Viking

The Viking

My Glock 40's always gave me Glock knuckle ( the trigger guard bangs the knuckle on my middle finger under my trigger finger and it hurts) so I did not shoot them much.
    Then my 9mm's started giving me Glock knuckle. After talking to a few people I found this problem to be bigger than I expected. The Rangemaster at the the indoor range I frequent complained about having it. An IPSC competitor showed me how he had used to a dremel tool to cure his Glock knuckle.
    I am fixing to use a dremel tool on my Glocks and I am looking for advice from people, who have successfully cured this problem by doing so. Thanks.

2. BrianNH

BrianNH

I have found this to be a problem for me only with the compacts. The G19 and G23 are popular because the overall size of the pistol seems just right, however, the grip is a bit cramped, even with my smaller hands. After many years and owning and shooting most models, I've eliminated the compacts and use the full size and the subs. Problem solved. You could always use a small sanding drum on a dremel and remove a bit of material under the trigger guard which works well.

3. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Use a 1/2" dowel wrapped in sand paper that will be PLENTY aggressive enough to under cut the trigger guard.
    Hit the guard right where it joins the frame, remove a little try it out for finger clearance, remove a little more, etc...
    I also radiused the side and removed the hook on my G-17, and G-26.
    TO ME it seems like the G-19/G-23 have a tighter spacing on the finger grooves as opposed to the Full size and Sub Compact models.
    I jacked my middle finger knucle up pretty bad so I had to relieve for that.

4. kamonjj

kamonjj

I just used a sand paper bit on a dremmel. Slowly taking some away. When I get the grip to where I want it, I clean up the marks with some 600 grit to make it smooth.