Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how hard core are these?

Are they worth it?

I have been looking for an affordable combat knife for some time and these have my eye.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
They are very tough knives and a good buy for $30, IMO. Are there better knives out there? Of course. (Had to get that in before some knucklehead starts in with something like..."But Strider...etc.", as they sometimes do. LOL.). Yeah, sure you can buy better, but I don't know of any better, or even very close, for $30.

Same subject:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283291

· Registered
1,604 Posts
For the price I think they would be hard to beat. I have one without the saw back because I simply dont like saw backs or serrated blades for that matter but a lot of people do. That said it is one very tough knife. I have an original SOG Trident with the Navy Seals etching on the blade that I think would be a superior knife but it's just to dam pretty to use as a utility knife and things around here that dont get used usually find another home. The Glock knife isn't pretty but it is tuff and cheap. It will never leave. Tuff as nails and priced right. Get one and you'll probably have it for life...:supergrin:

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks for all of the replies and those videos were pretty badass.

Anyway, what is the best way to care for a Glock Knife?

· Banned
264 Posts
It's a great knife and I have one that I've used for over 15yrs and even though it has a fee bumps and dings it still is 100% functional. If I was going on an op somewhere and could only take one knife my old beat up Glock would be it. :)

f150man

· Registered
3,347 Posts
As mentioned, for an inexpensive knife they are pretty decent.
Personally, mine are relegated to "trunk" knives.
Some require regrinding as the edge can be iffy (from the factory) at best.
Not much belly for slicing but better than a typical GI bayonet.
All in all, for around 30 bucks, they represent a good bargain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.