close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock knife.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Defiler, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

I am pretty sure this falls under the category "Glock Accessory" Anyways, are they treated with Tenifer too? Is the plastic the same plastic they use on their pistols? Anyone have any experience with them? I am looking for a new knife and the Glock knife came to mind. I am looking for a durable knife too that won't snap (like my old one did.

2. gmckinl

gmckinl

I've got one. Plastic seems the same. Considering the low price, I would not expect tennifer but I have nothing to back that up. As I see you are in TX, I would like to point out that actually carrying one around could get you in trouble as it is "an illegal knife" because the blade is over 5.5 inches. Just FYI. For this reason, mine is more a GLOCK trinket than a truck knife that's always around in case you need it.

3. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Keep one on my webgear. Absolutely love it. Great knife, great price. I usually give several out each Christmas.

Did a hokey little video "field test" with mine when we were in Samarra. Tested the Glock claim that you can stab through ammo cans with them. I (it) did. Sent the vid to the great folks at Glock/GSSF and they loved it. Should be a short article on it in the next Glock Report...

:rollsmiley:

4. dlefdal

dlefdal Master of Range

I'm very happy with mine. I too keep it with me for my tac gear, on my thigh platform.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Overall, I feel Glock's field knife is a real bargain.

That said I also think it is a better "backup" (i.e. trunk knife or secondary fixed blade in a BOB) than anything else.

I have owned two of them (one with root saw/one without) in the last 10-12 years and while they were both very sturdy I would not choose it for my primary carry woods/field/survival knife.
    From my own experience I've found the knife's overall weight does not lend itself easily to heavy chopping chores and the lack of belly to the blade does not allow for fine slicing/skinning.

6. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

I don't plan on bringing it when I go out, but when I go into the forest area, usually to shoot or walk my dog.

Glock claims that their knives are balanced for throwing, has anyone tested that yet? While throwing it isn't my primary concern, it is still nice to have a balanced knife. As for chopping, I use a machete ($8 at Wal-Mart).

7. Sikhed

Sikhed cat-herder

Like they said, it's a bargin, and a good utility knife. Too thick for fillet, too thin for chopping, but a good knife to have at the campsite or in your trunk, with other tools. I got the one with the sawback. Don't know if it has tennifer, but the blade is very strong. After using it as a tent peg for a couple seasaons, just some of the parkerizing has worn off.

No, don't think it's balanced for throwing, but I'm certainly no expert on that. When camping/hunting we sat around and tried throwing it at a round of wood. 75% of the time it would bounce off, 25% we got lucky and it'd stick point first.

8. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

Alright, I'll order a black one with a saw on it's spine when I order the maritime cups. The lowest price I've seen was $20.

9. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Bargain! Best I've found was $23 ea at a gun show, regularly $25.

10. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

Now I can't even find that $20 knife, I should of book marked it! The average price seems to be around $30 (with saw on the spine).

Edit:
    I found it. This site seems to have low prices.

11. PikeB

PikeB

I have a black one with the saw on the back. I don't use it much but it seems very strong. My only complaint is that, although the edge is nice and sharp, the point is not pointed enough. Of course that's nothing that can't be fixed.
    I paid around $30 including tax & shipping. Last weekend I saw a guy at the gun show selling them for $52. Althought that is high, the knife is well worth that price and more IMO.

12. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

I saw the serrated black knife going for $70+ on some website.

13. Target Shooter

Target Shooter I'm Broke Millennium Member

Probably Sportsmans Guide.

14. Glock9mmg19

Glock9mmg19 Glock 19

Where are some websites to get a glock knife??

15. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

Cheapest one I can find. They only have black and tan though.

16. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

I have the plain. Very nice knife. I plan on sharpening the tip myself eventually. It is balanced for throwing but pretty heavy and hard to do if you can't throw knives right (like me.)

I want to see how easy it is to bust out glass with it. Anyone want to try? :clown:

Oh yeah, it's always funny whipping that thing out during a party and using the bottle opener on your beer! :beer: :beer:

:laughabove: