Glock Killers

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Deadduck357, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

I've heard this for so long but Glock Inc. has yet slipped into oblivion. Way back at the beginning of this millennium the HS 2000 and the Steyr M9 was touted as the "Glock Killer". More recently was the P-10C.

In no way am I trying discount or discredit other brands and models as I own or have owned several of them.

What other brands and models have you seen in video, read in articles or reviews, and heard in discussions that was going to be a GLOCK KILLER?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

New S&W M&P series.

n2g, Chordeiles, Bus007 and 3 others like this.
  4. DigIDPA

DigIDPA

Yup. In particular the Sig 365 could draw more than a few sales from both G43 and G26 buyers, but I don’t see it doing away with Glock whatsoever.

5. trigger19isbest

trigger19isbest

I tried the M&P 9mm 2.0 Compact. Glock killer . . . it ain't. I didn't like the grip texture, nor the trigger. To get to the striker safety (to polish), you will need a vise, a punch, tape and a BIG hammer. Traded it for another Glock, at a hefty loss. The trade was worth it.

CDR_Glock and 72Cheyenne like this.
  6. Superzuki

Superzuki

I have a Sig P320 X-Carry that is better that my G45. I really don't believe it's actually going to put Glock out of business though.

zaxXxon likes this.
  7. CBennett

CBennett

Glocks always reactive now days not Proactive so stuff like Sig 365 when they get it ironed out will take sales from them. but nothing will actually kill them off..just like Glock cant and wont kill off Sig or S&W...BUT that said..since its introduction I cant think of a single thing Glock has done PROactively vs REactively did they lead the way with the backstrap change thing..nope...only reacted to that YEARS later...did they lead the market with a single stack 9mm? nope,etc,etc,etc...

They have a lot of sway/pull still id like to see Glock do something to lead the way instead of play catchup.

10or45, n2g, glock1097 and 2 others like this.
  8. AZVET

AZVET

Those "Glock Killers" will keep coming but as long as Glock maintains the majority of the LE market They will remain number uno. They are also smart marketers to support programs like GSSF, Blue Label discounts, Armorer training, etc. and they have created a cult like following. Any of you watch "Live PD"? They ride along and film LE agencies all over the country and all I see in their duty holsters are Glocks and a few 1911's.
    Just my $.02 worth!

n2g, michael_b and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  9. powernoodle

powernoodle

These pistols will not "kill" Glock in the short term. But there is no question that many contemporary pistols have objectively better design and functional elements than Glock, and that Glock arrogantly makes no effort whatsoever to evolve and compete. The P320 is modular, and you can swap out lowers for $40. Walther and Ruger are far and away more ergonomic. Taurus employed yellow followers that Glock copies. Glock still won't make a +2 mag for the 42/43, nor a single stack 7+1 or 8+1 like Kahr, Ruger, etc. On and on we could go.

So the Walther PPQ, for example, is not going to "kill" Glock today or tomorrow. But with the passage of time, Glock may very well find itself among other notable luminaries like Blackberry, Polaroid, Blockbuster and Sears who sat on their laurels far too long while the world moved on.

And in that respect, modern firearms are Glock killers. It is just a slow, almost imperceptible death lasting decades - like a python swallowing its prey. The prey doesn't realize what's happening until its too late.

https://www.cnet.com/news/blockbuster-laughed-at-netflix-partnership-offer/

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Vincent Black, R_P_K_, VIS07 and 3 others like this.
  10. Mike-M

Mike-M

Grendel P10

Mr Meeseeks and Bren like this.
  11. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

The glock wont die. Even though its neck and neck at best with some competitors, and surpassed by many, Its marketing and fanboys will keep it afloat.

hogship likes this.
  12. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

All those other non Glock polymer manufactures are all future Glock killers because they are so: fill in the blank.
    Well for me I have tried XDs and Walthers. I also have gen 3 G26 and G19 stock everything except oem night sight on the 26 and trij on the 19, for years.
    Track record: finicky Walhter, needlessly over complex design, some misfeeds barrel ramp should have been made a little farther, lower, need specific ammo plus not sure something will not break without warning.
    XD 45 all mags weld undercut, grip safety unnecessary, new mod 2 have undercut trigger guard though.
    Meantime in the Glock universe. Both Glocks totally reliable and accurate too. Simple reliable design.
    So for me the only polymer striker handgun is Glock.

13. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

So this was released by the Glock HQ in Austria yesterday:

Glock sold 36 percent fewer handguns in 2017 and revenue fell 35 percent to 464 million euros ($533 million), the company based in Ferlach, Austria, said in its annual report. Net income slumped 58 percent to 67.9 million euros, following an extraordinarily profitable 2016.

In the meantime, Sig's are flying off the shelf and there are waiting lists everywhere. I would not say "kill" but they are taking a big bite at their Austrian buttocks, and it's an American company doing it.

Haters gonna hate.

AGF0526 likes this.
  14. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

While I don't think the S&W Shield 2.0 is a "Glock killer" it is a darn nice pistol. My forty/.357 Sig Shield makes my G43 feel kinda of cheap-junkie.

n2g, john t, FullClip and 1 other person like this.
  15. Current Resident

Current Resident

Maybe they should consider now marketing a PCC.

bubbatime, knuckledragger74 and Cambo like this.
  16. Karambit777

Karambit777

Canik TP9 series. Iv heard several YouTubers deem them as such.

Iv heard the TP9SF Elite regarded as “Glock 19 killer”. Good luck with that one...

Deadduck357 likes this.
  17. bac1023

bac1023

I only carry Glocks these days.

I’m not a fan of fully cocked strikers for carry.

BUG'S and Bus007 like this.
  18. 9mmskng

9mmskng

Had ‘em ALL Bud, there will NEVER be a Glock Killer! Truly the BEST pistol made! Glock’s pistol is one that is constantly evolving with needs of shooters/agencies around the world, NO other gun company does this so well. LONG LIVE THE KING!

19. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Glock doesn't even listen to the public as to what they want, they chase LE and .mil trends. They rehash old ideas for each gen instead of innovating. They rested on their laurels.

My only striker fired poly gun is a shield 2.0. Which i feel is a better product than a g43, and also came out well before the 43, since smith actually listens to customers.

20. China boy

China boy

I like the idea of affordable lowers to swap out like the 320. Inwish glock would do something similar.

45caldan likes this.